|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
(a) A hot-dog stand.
(b) A bar.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The Pentagon.
2. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
(a) A libertarian.
(b) A Trotskyite.
(c) An anti-communist.
(d) A know-nothing.
3. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A church.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A vaudville house.
(d) A school auditorium.
4. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be maced.
(b) He does not want to be arrested.
(c) He does not want to be shot.
(d) He does not want to be struck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
4. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)