|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(b) Time Magazine.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Washington Post.
2. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
3. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Ed de Grazia.
4. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(b) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
(c) Know one knows the route.
(d) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
5. What strain of sociopolitical thinking does Mailer chart through America in a speech in Chapter 1?
(c) Trade protectionism.
(d) Fiscal conservatism.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
2. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
4. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
5. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)