|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
(a) Fortune 500 companies.
(b) Religious sects.
(c) Right-wing groups.
(d) Motorcycle gangs.
2. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
(a) He abstained from all alcohol.
(b) He became belligerent toward his fellow writers.
(c) He blacked out.
(d) He did not get very drunk.
3. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The hotel.
(b) A bar.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The theater.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
(a) Slip out of Washingotn in the afternoon.
(b) Stay sober for the march.
(c) Punch Mitch Goodman.
(d) Get arrested.
5. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Arena.
(b) The Ambassador.
(c) Ford's Theatre.
(d) The National Theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
2. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
3. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
4. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
5. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)