|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A school auditorium.
(b) A vaudville house.
(c) A church.
(d) A movie theater.
2. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
3. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
(a) He forgets her name.
(b) He call her a loon.
(c) He refuses dinner.
(d) He breaks her toilet.
4. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(a) Holding court.
5. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(b) He is swarmed by press.
(c) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
(d) He is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
2. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
3. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
4. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
5. Which of the following is not one of the aspects of war that Mailer mentions being disagreeable in Chapter 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)