|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) An office on I Street.
(b) Mailer's den.
(c) A New York bistro.
(d) A publishing house.
2. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(c) The host's.
(d) de Grazia's.
3. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 5 hours.
4. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
(a) Susan Sontag.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) Dwight Macdonald.
5. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(b) He wrote a blurb for his book.
(c) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(d) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
2. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
4. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)