|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) Paul Goodman.
2. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(c) Holding court.
3. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They offer polite applause.
(b) They sit impassively.
(c) They leave.
(d) They give a standing ovation.
4. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
5. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The National Theatre.
(b) The Ambassador.
(c) Ford's Theatre.
(d) The Arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
2. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
3. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
4. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
5. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)