|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To wound the American military symbolically.
(b) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(c) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(d) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
4. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) Thomas Aquinis.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) John O'Hara.
5. Which of the following is not a style of dress that marchers wear in Chapter 2?
(a) Eisenhower jackets.
(b) Turkish shepherd robes.
(c) Sgt. Pepper uniforms.
(d) African dashikis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
2. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
4. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)