|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
(a) National press may cover the speeches.
(b) They may invade the Pentagon.
(c) Eugene McCarthy may speak.
(d) They may egg the President's care.
2. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
3. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(a) Time Magazine.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Washington Post.
4. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is swarmed by press.
(d) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
5. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
2. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
3. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
4. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)