|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(c) de Grazia's.
(d) The host's.
2. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He slaps his behind.
(b) He waltzes him off the stage.
(c) He orders him to fetch some water.
(d) He pushes him over.
3. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(c) The Time Magazine reporter.
4. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Ed de Grazia.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Paul Goodman.
5. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 5-10 years.
(b) 10-20 years.
(c) 40-50 years.
(d) 100 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
2. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
3. Which of the following is not one of the aspects of war that Mailer mentions being disagreeable in Chapter 2?
4. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
5. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)