|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A coffee cup of whiskey.
(b) A vase.
(c) A Havana cigar.
(d) A handful of crackers and cheese.
2. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(b) He crosses a police line.
(c) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(d) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
(a) Punch Mitch Goodman.
(b) Stay sober for the march.
(c) Get arrested.
(d) Slip out of Washingotn in the afternoon.
4. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Rides from airports to hotels.
(b) Vietnam protests.
(c) Liberal parties.
(d) Book discussions.
5. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
(a) He refuses dinner.
(b) He call her a loon.
(c) He breaks her toilet.
(d) He forgets her name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
2. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
3. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
4. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
5. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)