|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
(b) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
(c) Impeding an executive order.
(d) Theft of government property.
2. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) William Sloane Coffin.
(d) Paul Goodman.
3. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(a) Peanut butter and bread.
(b) Toasted English muffins.
(c) Bananas and cantaloupe.
4. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A coffee cup of whiskey.
(b) A Havana cigar.
(c) A vase.
(d) A handful of crackers and cheese.
5. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
(a) Editor of The New Republic.
(b) A local DC businessman.
(c) A former Air Force pilot.
(d) Chaplain at Yale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
2. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
3. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)