|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a style of dress that marchers wear in Chapter 2?
(a) Turkish shepherd robes.
(b) Sgt. Pepper uniforms.
(c) Eisenhower jackets.
(d) African dashikis.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
(d) The free market.
3. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(a) The military.
(d) The south of Mexico
4. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
5. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The theater.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
3. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
4. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
5. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)