|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
2. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
3. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
(a) A hot-dog stand.
(b) A bar.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The Pentagon.
4. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(b) de Grazia's.
(d) The host's.
5. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is swarmed by press.
(d) He is refused by the Justice officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
3. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
4. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
5. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)