|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
(a) Chaplain at Yale.
(b) A local DC businessman.
(c) Editor of The New Republic.
(d) A former Air Force pilot.
3. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(b) He is swarmed by press.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
4. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(b) His drink.
(c) The key to his hotel room.
(d) The emcee role for the evening.
5. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
3. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
4. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
5. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)