|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a style of dress that marchers wear in Chapter 2?
(a) Eisenhower jackets.
(b) Sgt. Pepper uniforms.
(c) Turkish shepherd robes.
(d) African dashikis.
2. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Mitch Goodman.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Robert Lowell.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
(a) Stay sober for the march.
(b) Slip out of Washingotn in the afternoon.
(c) Get arrested.
(d) Punch Mitch Goodman.
4. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He waltzes him off the stage.
(b) He pushes him over.
(c) He slaps his behind.
(d) He orders him to fetch some water.
5. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Willard.
(b) The Hay-Adams.
(c) The Marriot.
(d) The Watergate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
3. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
5. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)