|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
(b) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(c) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
(d) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
2. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(b) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(c) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(d) He crosses a police line.
3. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
4. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Paul Goodman.
5. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(a) Toasted English muffins.
(b) Bananas and cantaloupe.
(d) Peanut butter and bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
2. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
3. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
4. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)