|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) Time Magazine.
(c) The New Yorker.
2. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(c) The Time Magazine reporter.
3. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
4. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) Boston Common.
(b) Read College.
(c) Los Angeles, CA.
(d) University of Wisconsin.
5. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Book discussions.
(b) Rides from airports to hotels.
(c) Liberal parties.
(d) Vietnam protests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
3. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
4. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
5. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)