|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Ambassador.
(b) The National Theatre.
(c) The Arena.
(d) Ford's Theatre.
2. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
(a) A libertarian.
(b) A Trotskyite.
(c) An anti-communist.
(d) A know-nothing.
3. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
(a) A woman he slept with earlier in the week.
(b) His urination before the show.
(c) His struggles with intense constipation.
(d) How he ran into a dog on the highway yesterday.
5. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) A copy of his book.
(b) A cloth napkin.
(c) Her housekey.
(d) Her husband's necktie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
2. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
3. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
4. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
5. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)