|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(b) To wound the American military symbolically.
(c) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(d) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
2. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) A cloth napkin.
(b) Her husband's necktie.
(c) Her housekey.
(d) A copy of his book.
3. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) There is no ventilation.
(b) The seats are uncomfortable.
(c) The sound system is bad.
(d) There are no curtains on the stage.
4. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
5. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The emcee role for the evening.
(b) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(c) The key to his hotel room.
(d) His drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
2. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
4. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
5. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)