|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Willard.
(b) The Marriot.
(c) The Hay-Adams.
(d) The Watergate.
2. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He slaps his behind.
(b) He orders him to fetch some water.
(c) He pushes him over.
(d) He waltzes him off the stage.
3. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
(a) Rambling incoherently.
(b) Slurring his speech.
(d) Sweating through his shirt.
4. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A coffee cup of whiskey.
(b) A vase.
(c) A Havana cigar.
(d) A handful of crackers and cheese.
5. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(a) About 100.
(b) About 40.
(c) About 150.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
3. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
5. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)