|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 10-20 years.
(c) 40-50 years.
(d) 5-10 years.
2. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) Time Magazine.
3. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be arrested.
(b) He does not want to be shot.
(c) He does not want to be maced.
(d) He does not want to be struck.
5. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He does not use notes.
(b) He affects a British accent.
(c) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(d) He speaks incredibly quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
3. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
4. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
5. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)