|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The turning in of draft cards.
(b) The returning of war medals.
(c) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(d) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(b) He sleeps backstage.
(c) He goes to another bar.
(d) He goes to the hotel.
4. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(a) About 40.
(b) About 100.
(d) About 150.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
(a) Stay away from it.
(b) Speak at it.
(c) Be photographed with the organizer.
(d) Cover it for the Village Voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
2. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)