|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A coffee cup of whiskey.
(b) A vase.
(c) A handful of crackers and cheese.
(d) A Havana cigar.
2. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Lyndon Johnson's.
(b) Ben Franklin's.
(c) William Burroughs'.
(d) Abbie Hoffman's.
3. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A troup of mimes.
(b) A folk music group.
(c) A poet.
(d) An improv group.
4. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
(a) They may egg the President's care.
(b) National press may cover the speeches.
(c) They may invade the Pentagon.
(d) Eugene McCarthy may speak.
5. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Ambassador.
(b) The Arena.
(c) Ford's Theatre.
(d) The National Theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
3. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
4. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
5. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)