|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(b) He crosses a police line.
(c) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(d) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
(b) Read the Washington Post.
(c) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(d) Purchase Coors beer.
3. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) There are no curtains on the stage.
(b) The seats are uncomfortable.
(c) The sound system is bad.
(d) There is no ventilation.
4. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
(a) They may invade the Pentagon.
(b) Eugene McCarthy may speak.
(c) They may egg the President's care.
(d) National press may cover the speeches.
5. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) The Executioner's Song.
(b) The White Negro.
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) Why Are We in Vietnam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
2. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
3. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
4. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
5. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)