|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) The Executioner's Song.
(b) The White Negro.
(c) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(d) The Naked and the Dead.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Read the Washington Post.
(b) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
(c) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(d) Purchase Coors beer.
4. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A mason laying foundation.
(b) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(c) A lawyer parsing words.
(d) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
5. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A Havana cigar.
(b) A vase.
(c) A coffee cup of whiskey.
(d) A handful of crackers and cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
2. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
3. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
4. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
5. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)