|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
(b) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(c) He wrote a blurb for his book.
(d) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
(a) A former Air Force pilot.
(b) Editor of The New Republic.
(c) Chaplain at Yale.
(d) A local DC businessman.
3. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(c) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
(d) He is swarmed by press.
4. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) Norman Mailer.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Robert Lowell.
5. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Dr. Ben Spock.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
3. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
4. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)