|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(d) The Time Magazine reporter.
2. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(b) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
(c) A mason laying foundation.
(d) A lawyer parsing words.
3. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Theft of government property.
(b) Impeding an executive order.
(c) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
(d) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
4. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) His drink.
(b) The key to his hotel room.
(c) The emcee role for the evening.
(d) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
5. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
(a) His struggles with intense constipation.
(b) His urination before the show.
(c) A woman he slept with earlier in the week.
(d) How he ran into a dog on the highway yesterday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
2. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
3. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
4. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
5. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)