|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Norman Mailer.
(d) Paul Goodman.
2. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He was a conscientious objector.
(b) He worked in a munitions factory.
(c) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
(d) He has flat feet.
3. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They applaud politely.
(b) They give him a standing ovation.
(c) They boo him.
(d) Halk of them walk out.
4. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He pushes him over.
(b) He waltzes him off the stage.
(c) He slaps his behind.
(d) He orders him to fetch some water.
5. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Impeding an executive order.
(b) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
(c) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
(d) Theft of government property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
2. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
4. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
5. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)