|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 10-20 years.
(c) 5-10 years.
(d) 40-50 years.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(b) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(c) To wound the American military symbolically.
(d) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
3. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) Ford's Theatre.
(b) The Ambassador.
(c) The National Theatre.
(d) The Arena.
4. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
(a) Noam Chomsky.
(b) Norman Mailer.
(c) Dr. Ben Spock.
(d) Robert Lowell.
5. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Liberal parties.
(b) Vietnam protests.
(c) Book discussions.
(d) Rides from airports to hotels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
3. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
4. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)