|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(d) Holding court.
2. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A vaudville house.
(c) A church.
(d) A school auditorium.
3. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(b) The key to his hotel room.
(c) The emcee role for the evening.
(d) His drink.
4. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is swarmed by press.
(d) He is refused by the Justice officials.
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He was a conscientious objector.
(b) He worked in a munitions factory.
(c) He has flat feet.
(d) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
4. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
5. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)