|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) Her husband's necktie.
(b) A copy of his book.
(c) Her housekey.
(d) A cloth napkin.
2. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A bar.
(b) The theater.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The Department of Justice.
3. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Susan Sontag.
4. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is sedated.
(d) He is naked.
5. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
2. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
3. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
4. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
5. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)