|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He sleeps backstage.
(b) He goes to the hotel.
(c) He goes to another bar.
(d) He falls asleep in a doorway.
2. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(a) de Grazia's.
(c) The host's.
3. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Dr. Ben Spock.
(c) Noam Chomsky.
(d) Norman Mailer.
4. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
(b) Impeding an executive order.
(c) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
(d) Theft of government property.
5. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 5 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
3. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)