|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
(b) He was a conscientious objector.
(c) He worked in a munitions factory.
(d) He has flat feet.
2. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(b) Holding court.
3. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A publishing house.
(b) Mailer's den.
(c) A New York bistro.
(d) An office on I Street.
4. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
5. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
2. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
3. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
4. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
5. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)