|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
(b) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
(c) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(d) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
2. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A troup of mimes.
(b) A folk music group.
(c) An improv group.
(d) A poet.
3. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The hotel.
(b) The theater.
(c) A bar.
(d) The Department of Justice.
4. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) The New Yorker.
5. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(a) de Grazia's.
(b) The host's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
2. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
3. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
4. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)