|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
2. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He was a conscientious objector.
(b) He has flat feet.
(c) He worked in a munitions factory.
(d) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
3. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Marriot.
(b) The Hay-Adams.
(c) The Watergate.
(d) The Willard.
4. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They leave.
(b) They give a standing ovation.
(c) They offer polite applause.
(d) They sit impassively.
5. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) Her housekey.
(b) A cloth napkin.
(c) Her husband's necktie.
(d) A copy of his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
2. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)