|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) A cloth napkin.
(b) Her housekey.
(c) Her husband's necktie.
(d) A copy of his book.
2. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Rides from airports to hotels.
(b) Vietnam protests.
(c) Liberal parties.
(d) Book discussions.
3. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(b) A mason laying foundation.
(c) A lawyer parsing words.
(d) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
4. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
5. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(a) de Grazia's.
(d) The host's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
2. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
3. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
4. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)