|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
(a) A woman he slept with earlier in the week.
(b) His struggles with intense constipation.
(c) His urination before the show.
(d) How he ran into a dog on the highway yesterday.
2. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) The New Yorker.
(d) The Washington Post.
3. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is naked.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is sedated.
4. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(a) The Time Magazine reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
3. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
4. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
5. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)