|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) Paul Goodman.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Ed de Grazia.
2. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
(a) He refuses dinner.
(b) He breaks her toilet.
(c) He call her a loon.
(d) He forgets her name.
3. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A vaudville house.
(b) A church.
(c) A school auditorium.
(d) A movie theater.
4. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A coffee cup of whiskey.
(b) A handful of crackers and cheese.
(c) A Havana cigar.
(d) A vase.
5. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
2. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
3. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
4. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
5. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)