|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Vietnam protests.
(b) Book discussions.
(c) Liberal parties.
(d) Rides from airports to hotels.
2. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(b) He crosses a police line.
(c) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(d) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
3. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A dinner at the Watergate.
(b) A series of speeches at a theatre.
(c) A small concert on the Mall.
(d) A march to the Capitol.
4. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) A copy of his book.
(b) Her housekey.
(c) Her husband's necktie.
(d) A cloth napkin.
5. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
2. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
4. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
5. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)