|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(b) The turning in of draft cards.
(c) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(d) The returning of war medals.
2. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A troup of mimes.
(b) An improv group.
(c) A folk music group.
(d) A poet.
3. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Slip out inconspiculously.
(b) Wrong her completely.
(c) Apologize profusely.
(d) Get her a gift basket.
4. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(b) He does not use notes.
(c) He affects a British accent.
(d) He speaks incredibly quietly.
5. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
(b) Sleeping in the aisle.
(c) Vomiting out the window.
(d) Urinating on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
2. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
3. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
4. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
5. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)