|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
(a) A Trotskyite.
(b) An anti-communist.
(c) A libertarian.
(d) A know-nothing.
2. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(c) The south of Mexico
(d) The military.
3. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) Susan Sontag.
4. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They sit impassively.
(b) They leave.
(c) They offer polite applause.
(d) They give a standing ovation.
5. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
(b) Vomiting out the window.
(c) Sleeping in the aisle.
(d) Urinating on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
2. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
5. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)