|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
(b) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
(c) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(d) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
2. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
(a) An anti-communist.
(b) A know-nothing.
(c) A libertarian.
(d) A Trotskyite.
3. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
(a) Susan Sontag.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Ed de Grazia.
4. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The turning in of draft cards.
(b) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(c) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(d) The returning of war medals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
2. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
4. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
5. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)