|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(a) The military.
(c) The south of Mexico
2. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(b) His drink.
(c) The emcee role for the evening.
(d) The key to his hotel room.
3. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A dinner at the Watergate.
(b) A small concert on the Mall.
(c) A march to the Capitol.
(d) A series of speeches at a theatre.
4. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
(d) de Grazia.
5. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
2. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
3. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
4. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
5. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)