|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He crosses a police line.
(b) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(c) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(d) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
2. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The Department of Justice.
(b) The hotel.
(c) A bar.
(d) The theater.
3. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(b) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
(c) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
(d) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
4. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The National Theatre.
(b) Ford's Theatre.
(c) The Ambassador.
(d) The Arena.
5. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A publishing house.
(b) A New York bistro.
(c) An office on I Street.
(d) Mailer's den.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
3. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
4. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
5. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)