|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) Her housekey.
(b) A copy of his book.
(c) A cloth napkin.
(d) Her husband's necktie.
2. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
3. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(b) His drink.
(c) The emcee role for the evening.
(d) The key to his hotel room.
4. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Vomiting out the window.
(b) Urinating on the floor.
(c) Sleeping in the aisle.
(d) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
5. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) The White Negro.
(b) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) The Executioner's Song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
2. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
3. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
4. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)