|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
2. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A vaudville house.
(c) A church.
(d) A school auditorium.
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He goes to another bar.
(b) He sleeps backstage.
(c) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(d) He goes to the hotel.
4. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
(b) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
(c) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(d) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The returning of war medals.
(b) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(c) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(d) The turning in of draft cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
2. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
3. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
4. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
5. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)