|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A handful of crackers and cheese.
(b) A coffee cup of whiskey.
(c) A vase.
(d) A Havana cigar.
2. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
(b) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(c) A mason laying foundation.
(d) A lawyer parsing words.
3. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(b) The returning of war medals.
(c) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(d) The turning in of draft cards.
4. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They give him a standing ovation.
(b) They boo him.
(c) They applaud politely.
(d) Halk of them walk out.
5. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
2. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
3. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
4. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
5. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)