|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The key to his hotel room.
(b) The emcee role for the evening.
(c) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(d) His drink.
2. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They give him a standing ovation.
(b) They boo him.
(c) Halk of them walk out.
(d) They applaud politely.
3. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(b) He affects a British accent.
(c) He does not use notes.
(d) He speaks incredibly quietly.
4. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The returning of war medals.
(b) The turning in of draft cards.
(c) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(d) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
5. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
2. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
3. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
4. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
5. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)