|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
2. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
(a) de Grazia.
(b) The hostess of the party.
(c) A heckler.
(d) The Time Magazine reporter.
3. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) The Executioner's Song.
(b) The Naked and the Dead.
(c) The White Negro.
(d) Why Are We in Vietnam?
4. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A school auditorium.
(c) A vaudville house.
(d) A church.
5. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
2. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
4. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
5. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)