|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) A cloth napkin.
(b) Her housekey.
(c) Her husband's necktie.
(d) A copy of his book.
2. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Apologize profusely.
(b) Wrong her completely.
(c) Get her a gift basket.
(d) Slip out inconspiculously.
3. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Urinating on the floor.
(b) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
(c) Sleeping in the aisle.
(d) Vomiting out the window.
4. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
(a) Mitch Goodman.
(b) Abbie Hoffman.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Jean Genet.
5. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
2. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
3. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
4. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
5. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)