|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They give a standing ovation.
(b) They sit impassively.
(c) They offer polite applause.
(d) They leave.
2. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(b) He affects a British accent.
(c) He speaks incredibly quietly.
(d) He does not use notes.
3. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(c) The south of Mexico
(d) The military.
4. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He goes to the hotel.
(b) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(c) He goes to another bar.
(d) He sleeps backstage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
2. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
3. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
4. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)