|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They offer polite applause.
(b) They give a standing ovation.
(c) They leave.
(d) They sit impassively.
2. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
3. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
(b) Vomiting out the window.
(c) Urinating on the floor.
(d) Sleeping in the aisle.
4. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(a) The host's.
(c) de Grazia's.
5. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
(a) His urination before the show.
(b) His struggles with intense constipation.
(c) How he ran into a dog on the highway yesterday.
(d) A woman he slept with earlier in the week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
2. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
3. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
4. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
5. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)