|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
2. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
(b) A mason laying foundation.
(c) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(d) A lawyer parsing words.
3. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A dinner at the Watergate.
(b) A series of speeches at a theatre.
(c) A march to the Capitol.
(d) A small concert on the Mall.
4. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(c) The host's.
(d) de Grazia's.
5. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A folk music group.
(b) A poet.
(c) An improv group.
(d) A troup of mimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
2. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
3. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
5. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)