|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Vomiting out the window.
(b) Urinating on the floor.
(c) Sleeping in the aisle.
(d) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
2. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) There are no curtains on the stage.
(b) The sound system is bad.
(c) The seats are uncomfortable.
(d) There is no ventilation.
3. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The turning in of draft cards.
(b) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(c) The returning of war medals.
(d) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
4. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
(b) Sweating through his shirt.
(c) Slurring his speech.
(d) Rambling incoherently.
5. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is sedated.
(d) He is naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
2. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
3. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
4. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
5. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)