|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They give him a standing ovation.
(b) Halk of them walk out.
(c) They applaud politely.
(d) They boo him.
2. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He crosses a police line.
(b) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(c) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(d) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
3. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He waltzes him off the stage.
(b) He pushes him over.
(c) He orders him to fetch some water.
(d) He slaps his behind.
4. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
(b) Vomiting out the window.
(c) Urinating on the floor.
(d) Sleeping in the aisle.
5. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
3. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
4. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
5. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)