|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They give a standing ovation.
(b) They offer polite applause.
(c) They sit impassively.
(d) They leave.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(b) He goes to another bar.
(c) He goes to the hotel.
(d) He sleeps backstage.
3. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A mason laying foundation.
(b) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
(c) A lawyer parsing words.
(d) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
4. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A publishing house.
(b) Mailer's den.
(c) An office on I Street.
(d) A New York bistro.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
(a) Be photographed with the organizer.
(b) Speak at it.
(c) Stay away from it.
(d) Cover it for the Village Voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
2. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
3. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
4. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
5. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)