|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) There are no curtains on the stage.
(b) There is no ventilation.
(c) The seats are uncomfortable.
(d) The sound system is bad.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(b) He goes to another bar.
(c) He goes to the hotel.
(d) He sleeps backstage.
3. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(b) He crosses a police line.
(c) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(d) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
4. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(d) The Time Magazine reporter.
5. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(b) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(c) He wrote a blurb for his book.
(d) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
2. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
5. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)