|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A folk music group.
(b) A poet.
(c) An improv group.
(d) A troup of mimes.
2. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) His drink.
(b) The key to his hotel room.
(c) The emcee role for the evening.
(d) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
3. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 5 hours.
4. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Susan Sontag.
5. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They leave.
(b) They offer polite applause.
(c) They give a standing ovation.
(d) They sit impassively.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
2. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
3. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
4. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
5. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)