|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
2. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
(a) His struggles with intense constipation.
(b) A woman he slept with earlier in the week.
(c) How he ran into a dog on the highway yesterday.
(d) His urination before the show.
3. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(b) Know one knows the route.
(c) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
(d) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He goes to the hotel.
(b) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(c) He goes to another bar.
(d) He sleeps backstage.
5. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(b) He wrote a blurb for his book.
(c) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
(d) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
2. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
3. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
4. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
5. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)