|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
(a) Murray Hill.
(b) Hell's Kitchen.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) Upper East Side.
2. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
(a) He did not get very drunk.
(b) He blacked out.
(c) He became belligerent toward his fellow writers.
(d) He abstained from all alcohol.
3. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 3, what city does the Steering Committee meet in?
(c) New York.
5. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
3. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
4. What nationality is the "Nazi" who antagonizes Mailer in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 8, who is arrested in disproportionate numbers?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)