|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) The sound system is bad.
(b) The seats are uncomfortable.
(c) There is no ventilation.
(d) There are no curtains on the stage.
2. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
(b) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
(c) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(d) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
3. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Get her a gift basket.
(b) Slip out inconspiculously.
(c) Apologize profusely.
(d) Wrong her completely.
4. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A church.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A vaudville house.
(d) A school auditorium.
5. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(d) The Time Magazine reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
3. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
4. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)