|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
2. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A bus depot in Brookland.
(b) A post office in Alexandria.
(c) A school in Baltimore.
(d) A police station in Bethesda.
3. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They offer polite applause.
(b) They give a standing ovation.
(c) They leave.
(d) They sit impassively.
4. What good news does John Boyle give Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) They will be fed soon.
(b) They will probably be released.
(c) The march successfully invaded the Pentagon.
(d) Lowell and Macdonald will be in the next group.
5. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
(a) The 1963 civil rights march.
(b) Losing his virginity.
(c) World War II.
(d) An afternoon in Madrid.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
2. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
3. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
5. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)