|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) There are no curtains on the stage.
(b) There is no ventilation.
(c) The sound system is bad.
(d) The seats are uncomfortable.
2. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(b) His wife.
(c) His documentary crew.
(d) Mitch Goodman.
3. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
4. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
(a) The government.
(b) Fellow artists.
5. What state is the MP from?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
2. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
3. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
4. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
5. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)