|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His wife.
(b) Mitch Goodman.
(c) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(d) His documentary crew.
2. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
(a) It is not the first time he has been in handcuffs.
(b) It was done correctly.
(c) It is unjust.
(d) It will not stop the cause.
3. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(b) The Naked and the Dead.
(c) The Deer Park.
(d) The White Negro.
4. From what era of literature does Mailer saying he is drawing a convention in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The Romantic Era.
(b) The Victorian Era.
(c) The Modernist Era.
(d) The Neoclassical Era.
5. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(b) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(c) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(d) He crosses a police line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
3. What game does Mailer play with a cellmate to pass the time in Chapter 5?
4. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
5. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)