|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A poet.
(b) A folk music group.
(c) An improv group.
(d) A troup of mimes.
2. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(b) The Time Magazine reporter.
3. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A vaudville house.
(b) A church.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A school auditorium.
4. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
(a) They may invade the Pentagon.
(b) They may egg the President's care.
(c) Eugene McCarthy may speak.
(d) National press may cover the speeches.
5. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
(a) Snare drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
3. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
5. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)