|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
2. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) Thomas Aquinis.
(b) John O'Hara.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Ed de Grazia.
(b) Paul Goodman.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Robert Lowell.
4. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
(a) To take pictures for promotional materials.
(b) To speak with security there.
(c) To choose the best side to approach.
(d) To gauge police coverage in the lots.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
(a) A press conference.
(b) The running of the bulls,
(c) A class reunion.
(d) A whorehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many marchers does the New York Times suggest will be at the Pentagon protest in Chapter 5?
2. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
3. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
4. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)