|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
(a) Punch Mitch Goodman.
(b) Stay sober for the march.
(c) Slip out of Washingotn in the afternoon.
(d) Get arrested.
2. What does the Revolutionary Contingent do during the March, as noted in Chapter 5?
(a) It lies prostrate on the lot of the Pentagon.
(b) It physically accosts MP's.
(c) It throws malatov cocktails.
(d) It throws eggs at departing Pentagon officials' cars.
3. Who in the Volkswagen does the MP subdue in Chapter 2?
(b) The "Nazi."
(c) Walter Teague.
(d) The freedom fighter.
4. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(a) The military.
(d) The south of Mexico
5. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Ed de Grazia.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what ancient monument does Mailer compare the Pentagon in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mailer tell Fontain about his arrest in Chapter 1?
3. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
4. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
5. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)