|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A folk music group.
(b) A poet.
(c) A troup of mimes.
(d) An improv group.
2. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
(b) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
(c) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
(d) If they will have to serve time.
3. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Abbie Hoffman.
(b) Wavy Gravy.
(c) Dan Berrigan.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
4. In Chapter 6, Mailer acknowledges that what was present on both sides of the line at the Pentagon?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be struck.
(b) He does not want to be arrested.
(c) He does not want to be shot.
(d) He does not want to be maced.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
2. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
3. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
4. In Chapter 4, to what does Mailer compare the people on the bus?
5. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)