|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
(a) Motorcycle gangs.
(b) Fortune 500 companies.
(c) Religious sects.
(d) Right-wing groups.
2. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(d) Holding court.
3. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) de Grazia.
4. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(b) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
(c) He wrote a blurb for his book.
(d) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
5. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(b) To just go home.
(c) To have a swig of scotch.
(d) To speak to one of the monitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did march planning committee visit the Pentagon numerous times before the march?
2. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, between which two individuals does a tension develop?
5. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)