|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He looks about confused.
(b) He is enthralled.
(c) He quickly loses interest.
(d) He is embarrassed.
2. Which of the following militant groups chooses to sit and hold their ground at the March?
(a) The Weathermen.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) The Symbionese Liberation Army.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
(c) The free market.
4. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Vietnam protests.
(b) Rides from airports to hotels.
(c) Liberal parties.
(d) Book discussions.
5. What is the stated goal of the March, as articulated by the Steering Committee in Chapter 3?
(a) To raise awareness of illegal bombing in Laos and Cambodia.
(b) To draw attention to the cost of the War.
(c) To shut down the war-making machine.
(d) To end the war in Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
2. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
3. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
4. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
5. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)