|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(a) The military.
(d) The south of Mexico
2. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
(a) Providing legal support.
(b) Dispersing masks for tear gas.
(c) Filming Mailer.
(d) Playing guitar.
3. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) Paul Goodman.
(c) William Sloane Coffin.
(d) Robert Lowell.
4. Where is the bus in Chapter 4 taking Mailer and the other marchers?
(a) A school in Baltimore.
(b) A bus depot in Brookland.
(c) A police station in Bethesda.
(d) A post office in Alexandria.
5. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
(b) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
(c) If they will have to serve time.
(d) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
2. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
4. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)