|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting her Mailer when he arrives at booking in Occoquan at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) His wife.
(b) His documentary crew.
(c) A hired driver and car to the airport.
(d) Mitch Goodman.
2. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
(a) The government.
(c) Fellow artists.
4. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(b) The White Negro.
(c) The Executioner's Song.
(d) The Naked and the Dead.
5. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Ben Franklin's.
(b) Lyndon Johnson's.
(c) Abbie Hoffman's.
(d) William Burroughs'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
3. How does Mailer describe the MP's face at the end of Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 1 of Book II, to whom does the "writer" pass the baton?
5. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)