|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A school auditorium.
(c) A vaudville house.
(d) A church.
2. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(b) The key to his hotel room.
(c) His drink.
(d) The emcee role for the evening.
3. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) None of them.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Robert Lowell.
4. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Willard.
(b) The Hay-Adams.
(c) The Watergate.
(d) The Marriot.
5. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Helicopters flying overhead.
(b) Cars driving slowly past the march.
(c) Reporters vying for the best shots.
(d) Police beating riot shields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
2. What is Dick Fontaine doing at the march in Chapter 1?
3. Which character introduced in this section has been arrested 9 times at protests?
4. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
5. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)