|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
(a) Religious sects.
(b) Motorcycle gangs.
(c) Right-wing groups.
(d) Fortune 500 companies.
2. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
(d) de Grazia.
3. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
4. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is being arrested.
(b) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
(c) He is sleeping under a tree.
(d) He is giving a television interview.
5. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Novelist.
(b) The Poet.
(c) The Critic.
(d) The Journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
2. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
3. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
5. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)