|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Theft of government property.
(b) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
(c) Impeding an executive order.
(d) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
2. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He is a consistent violator of the law.
(b) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(c) He is older and more influential.
(d) He was late to court.
3. What is Mailer worried about missing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) His medication time.
(b) Lowell's party.
4. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
(a) He should be an organizer.
(b) He should be a nonpartisan.
(c) He should have participated.
(d) He should be an observer.
5. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(b) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(c) He crosses a police line.
(d) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paid the $65,000 required to fund the march?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
3. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
4. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
5. Which of the following is not one of the aspects of war that Mailer mentions being disagreeable in Chapter 2?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)