|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) A union hall.
(b) A church.
(c) A bar.
(d) Another hotel.
2. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) William Burroughs'.
(b) Abbie Hoffman's.
(c) Lyndon Johnson's.
(d) Ben Franklin's.
3. How many marchers does the New York Times suggest will be at the Pentagon protest in Chapter 5?
4. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He does not use notes.
(b) He affects a British accent.
(c) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(d) He speaks incredibly quietly.
5. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Medger Evers.
(d) Bobby Seale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
2. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
3. To what does Mailer compare the MP's on the bus in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
5. Which of Mailer's writer friends is present in the Volkswagen with him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)