|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Thomas Aquinis.
(c) John O'Hara.
(d) Leo Tolstoy.
2. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To have a swig of scotch.
(b) To just go home.
(c) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(d) To speak to one of the monitors.
3. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
(c) de Grazia.
4. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
5. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(c) Holding court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
2. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
3. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
4. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
5. In Chapter 2, who does Dellinger bring on a Project Manager for the March?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)