|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(b) He was late to court.
(c) He is older and more influential.
(d) He is a consistent violator of the law.
2. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
(b) The government.
(d) Fellow artists.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(b) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(c) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(d) To wound the American military symbolically.
4. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The turning in of draft cards.
(b) The returning of war medals.
(c) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(d) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
5. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A publishing house.
(b) A New York bistro.
(c) An office on I Street.
(d) Mailer's den.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
3. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
4. What strain of sociopolitical thinking does Mailer chart through America in a speech in Chapter 1?
5. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)