|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A poet.
(b) A folk music group.
(c) An improv group.
(d) A troup of mimes.
2. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
3. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is swarmed by press.
(b) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He goes to the hotel.
(b) He sleeps backstage.
(c) He goes to another bar.
(d) He falls asleep in a doorway.
5. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
3. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
4. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
5. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)