|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) An office on I Street.
(b) A publishing house.
(c) A New York bistro.
(d) Mailer's den.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(b) To wound the American military symbolically.
(c) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(d) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
3. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(b) The host's.
(d) de Grazia's.
4. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(b) He goes to the hotel.
(c) He goes to another bar.
(d) He sleeps backstage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
2. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
3. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
4. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)