|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(b) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(c) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(d) To wound the American military symbolically.
2. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A handful of crackers and cheese.
(b) A vase.
(c) A Havana cigar.
(d) A coffee cup of whiskey.
3. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(b) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(c) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
(d) He wrote a blurb for his book.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be shot.
(b) He does not want to be maced.
(c) He does not want to be arrested.
(d) He does not want to be struck.
5. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A poet.
(b) A folk music group.
(c) A troup of mimes.
(d) An improv group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
2. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
4. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
5. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)