|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He crosses a police line.
(b) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(c) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(d) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
2. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
3. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
(b) Vomiting out the window.
(c) Sleeping in the aisle.
(d) Urinating on the floor.
4. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He pushes him over.
(b) He orders him to fetch some water.
(c) He waltzes him off the stage.
(d) He slaps his behind.
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
(a) The barricading of the Department of Justice.
(b) The returning of war medals.
(c) The obstructing of traffic outside the White House.
(d) The turning in of draft cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
2. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
4. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
5. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)