|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(d) Holding court.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(b) Read the Washington Post.
(c) Purchase Coors beer.
(d) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
3. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) The seats are uncomfortable.
(b) The sound system is bad.
(c) There is no ventilation.
(d) There are no curtains on the stage.
4. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
(a) A vase.
(b) A Havana cigar.
(c) A coffee cup of whiskey.
(d) A handful of crackers and cheese.
5. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
2. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
3. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
4. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
5. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)