|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(b) He crosses a police line.
(c) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(d) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
2. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(a) The Time Magazine reporter.
3. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Arena.
(b) The National Theatre.
(c) The Ambassador.
(d) Ford's Theatre.
4. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Marriot.
(b) The Watergate.
(c) The Willard.
(d) The Hay-Adams.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Purchase Coors beer.
(b) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(c) Read the Washington Post.
(d) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
3. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
4. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
5. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)