|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Another hotel.
(b) A union hall.
(c) A church.
(d) A bar.
2. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 5-10 years.
(c) 40-50 years.
(d) 10-20 years.
3. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
4. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(b) The Time Magazine reporter.
5. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(a) The Washington Post.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) Time Magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
2. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
3. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
4. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
5. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)