|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Another hotel.
(b) A union hall.
(c) A bar.
(d) A church.
2. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) His drink.
(b) The key to his hotel room.
(c) The emcee role for the evening.
(d) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
3. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) There is no ventilation.
(b) There are no curtains on the stage.
(c) The seats are uncomfortable.
(d) The sound system is bad.
4. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(a) About 40.
(c) About 100.
(d) About 150.
5. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
3. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
4. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
5. Which social or literary figure calls Mailer in Chapter 2?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)