|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be arrested.
(b) He does not want to be shot.
(c) He does not want to be struck.
(d) He does not want to be maced.
2. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
(b) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(c) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(d) He crosses a police line.
3. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(b) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
(c) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
(d) Know one knows the route.
4. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(a) Toasted English muffins.
(b) Peanut butter and bread.
(c) Bananas and cantaloupe.
5. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
(a) How he ran into a dog on the highway yesterday.
(b) A woman he slept with earlier in the week.
(c) His urination before the show.
(d) His struggles with intense constipation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
3. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
4. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
5. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)