|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 40-50 years.
(c) 5-10 years.
(d) 10-20 years.
2. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A small concert on the Mall.
(b) A march to the Capitol.
(c) A dinner at the Watergate.
(d) A series of speeches at a theatre.
3. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Dwight Macdonald.
4. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) Know one knows the route.
(b) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
(c) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
(d) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
5. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) The New Yorker.
(d) The Washington Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
2. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
3. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
4. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)