|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Ben Franklin's.
(b) Abbie Hoffman's.
(c) William Burroughs'.
(d) Lyndon Johnson's.
2. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) Halk of them walk out.
(b) They boo him.
(c) They give him a standing ovation.
(d) They applaud politely.
3. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(b) He crosses a police line.
(c) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(d) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
4. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is swarmed by press.
(c) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(d) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
5. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
2. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
3. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
4. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
5. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)