|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
(a) Cover it for the Village Voice.
(b) Be photographed with the organizer.
(c) Stay away from it.
(d) Speak at it.
2. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) Know one knows the route.
(b) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
(c) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(d) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
3. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(b) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(c) To wound the American military symbolically.
(d) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
5. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Slip out inconspiculously.
(b) Apologize profusely.
(c) Get her a gift basket.
(d) Wrong her completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
3. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
4. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
5. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)