|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He affects a British accent.
(b) He does not use notes.
(c) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(d) He speaks incredibly quietly.
2. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
(a) Dr. Ben Spock.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Noam Chomsky.
(d) Norman Mailer.
3. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They boo him.
(b) Halk of them walk out.
(c) They applaud politely.
(d) They give him a standing ovation.
4. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) Los Angeles, CA.
(b) University of Wisconsin.
(c) Boston Common.
(d) Read College.
5. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) A union hall.
(b) A bar.
(c) A church.
(d) Another hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
2. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer agree to do the protest?
4. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
5. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)