|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Paul Goodman.
(d) Robert Lowell.
2. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(b) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(c) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
(d) He wrote a blurb for his book.
3. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) Another hotel.
(b) A union hall.
(c) A church.
(d) A bar.
4. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 5-10 years.
(b) 10-20 years.
(c) 40-50 years.
(d) 100 years.
5. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
(a) He crosses a police line.
(b) He is caught carrying a large bag of marijuana.
(c) He vomits on the Lincoln Memorial.
(d) He punches a presenter at an awards banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
2. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
3. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
4. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
5. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)