|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(b) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
(c) Know one knows the route.
(d) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
2. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(a) Holding court.
3. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) Time Magazine.
(c) The New Yorker.
4. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(a) Toasted English muffins.
(b) Bananas and cantaloupe.
(c) Peanut butter and bread.
5. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 10-20 years.
(c) 40-50 years.
(d) 5-10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
2. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
3. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
4. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
5. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)