|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening of the novel is taken from an article in which publication?
(a) The New Yorker.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) Time Magazine.
2. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Theft of government property.
(b) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
(c) Impeding an executive order.
(d) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
3. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
(a) His drink.
(b) The emcee role for the evening.
(c) The telling of a story from their time in Madrid.
(d) The key to his hotel room.
4. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(c) Holding court.
5. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
(b) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(c) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(d) He wrote a blurb for his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
3. What does Mailer drink during the party of Chapter 4?
4. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
5. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)