|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
2. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He speaks incredibly quietly.
(b) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(c) He affects a British accent.
(d) He does not use notes.
3. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
(b) Rambling incoherently.
(c) Sweating through his shirt.
(d) Slurring his speech.
4. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He worked in a munitions factory.
(b) He has flat feet.
(c) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
(d) He was a conscientious objector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
2. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)