|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) Know one knows the route.
(b) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
(c) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
(d) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
2. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(b) The south of Mexico
(d) The military.
3. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
(b) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
(c) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(d) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
4. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
(a) He forgets her name.
(b) He breaks her toilet.
(c) He call her a loon.
(d) He refuses dinner.
5. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
(b) A mason laying foundation.
(c) A lawyer parsing words.
(d) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
3. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
4. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
5. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)