|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Vietnam protests.
(b) Book discussions.
(c) Liberal parties.
(d) Rides from airports to hotels.
3. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(a) Peanut butter and bread.
(b) Bananas and cantaloupe.
(d) Toasted English muffins.
4. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Robert Lowell.
5. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) A cloth napkin.
(b) Her husband's necktie.
(c) Her housekey.
(d) A copy of his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
2. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
3. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
4. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
5. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)