|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A garbage heap.
(d) An atomic bomb.
2. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
3. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(b) He is swarmed by press.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
4. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
5. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
2. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
3. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
4. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
5. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)