|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) Read College.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Boston Common.
(d) University of Wisconsin.
2. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They boo him.
(b) They applaud politely.
(c) They give him a standing ovation.
(d) Halk of them walk out.
3. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Willard.
(b) The Marriot.
(c) The Watergate.
(d) The Hay-Adams.
4. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(b) A lawyer parsing words.
(c) A mason laying foundation.
(d) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
5. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
(a) The hostess of the party.
(b) de Grazia.
(c) A heckler.
(d) The Time Magazine reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
2. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
3. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
5. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)