|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Lyndon Johnson's.
(b) Abbie Hoffman's.
(c) Ben Franklin's.
(d) William Burroughs'.
2. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(b) The Time Magazine reporter.
3. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
(a) The Arena.
(b) Ford's Theatre.
(c) The Ambassador.
(d) The National Theatre.
4. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
(b) The south of Mexico
(c) The military.
5. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Dwight Macdonald.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) Paul Goodman.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
2. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
3. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
4. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
5. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)