|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(d) The Time Magazine reporter.
2. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(b) The Executioner's Song.
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) The White Negro.
3. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A series of speeches at a theatre.
(b) A dinner at the Watergate.
(c) A small concert on the Mall.
(d) A march to the Capitol.
4. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
5. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 5 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
2. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
3. At what theatre is the presentation of Chapter 5 located?
4. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
5. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)