|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
2. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(a) A church.
(b) A union hall.
(c) A bar.
(d) Another hotel.
3. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(b) He speaks incredibly quietly.
(c) He affects a British accent.
(d) He does not use notes.
4. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
(b) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is swarmed by press.
5. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(b) de Grazia's.
(c) The host's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
2. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
3. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
4. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
5. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)