|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mailer do after leaving the theatre?
(a) He falls asleep in a doorway.
(b) He sleeps backstage.
(c) He goes to another bar.
(d) He goes to the hotel.
2. What does Goodman in Chapter 2 indicate may happen at the protest?
(a) Eugene McCarthy may speak.
(b) National press may cover the speeches.
(c) They may invade the Pentagon.
(d) They may egg the President's care.
3. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
4. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(b) He does not use notes.
(c) He speaks incredibly quietly.
(d) He affects a British accent.
5. Who is entertaining the audience when the speakers arrive?
(a) A folk music group.
(b) A poet.
(c) An improv group.
(d) A troup of mimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
2. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
3. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
4. Which of the following writers is not speaking at the protest?
5. What does Mailer take from de Grazia in Chapter 4?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)