Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
(a) The Willard.
(b) The Hay-Adams.
(c) The Marriot.
(d) The Watergate.
2. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Sleeping in the aisle.
(b) Urinating on the floor.
(c) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
(d) Vomiting out the window.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(b) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(c) To wound the American military symbolically.
(d) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
4. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) Boston Common.
(c) Los Angeles, CA.
(d) Read College.
5. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
(a) A local DC businessman.
(b) Chaplain at Yale.
(c) Editor of The New Republic.
(d) A former Air Force pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
2. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
3. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
5. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)