|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the protest speakers going when they leave the part at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A bar.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The theater.
2. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
(a) The sound system is bad.
(b) There is no ventilation.
(c) The seats are uncomfortable.
(d) There are no curtains on the stage.
3. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) People begin fleeing.
(b) The band stops playing.
(c) The afternoon is getting late.
(d) Mitch Goodman signals him.
4. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
5. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Medger Evers.
(c) Bobby Seale.
(d) Malcolm X.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
3. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
5. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)