|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
2. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He waltzes him off the stage.
(b) He pushes him over.
(c) He orders him to fetch some water.
(d) He slaps his behind.
3. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
4. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
(a) Slightly smaller than the central mall.
(b) The size of a grocery store's parking lot.
(c) The size of 5 football fields.
(d) As big as the Pentagon itself.
5. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Wrong her completely.
(b) Slip out inconspiculously.
(c) Apologize profusely.
(d) Get her a gift basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
2. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
3. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
4. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
5. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)