|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
(a) Sweating through his shirt.
(b) Rambling incoherently.
(d) Slurring his speech.
2. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(a) About 150.
(b) About 100.
(c) About 40.
3. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Abbie Hoffman's.
(b) Lyndon Johnson's.
(c) Ben Franklin's.
(d) William Burroughs'.
4. Which of the following is not a style of dress that marchers wear in Chapter 2?
(a) Eisenhower jackets.
(b) Turkish shepherd robes.
(c) Sgt. Pepper uniforms.
(d) African dashikis.
5. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
(a) What Mitch Goodman is.
(b) The best way to get arrested.
(c) Where the best shade is.
(d) WHich set of camera's is CBS.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
2. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
3. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
4. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)