|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
(a) They boo him.
(b) Halk of them walk out.
(c) They applaud politely.
(d) They give him a standing ovation.
2. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A New York bistro.
(b) Mailer's den.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) An office on I Street.
3. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
(a) Rambling incoherently.
(b) Slurring his speech.
(d) Sweating through his shirt.
4. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is sleeping under a tree.
(b) He is giving a television interview.
(c) He is being arrested.
(d) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
5. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
3. Who performs first in the event of Chapter 5?
4. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
5. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)