|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Magic Tramps.
(b) The Fugs.
(c) The Band.
(d) The New York Dolls.
2. In Chapter 4, what events does Mailer contend are always the same?
(a) Rides from airports to hotels.
(b) Vietnam protests.
(c) Book discussions.
(d) Liberal parties.
3. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) Know one knows the route.
(b) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
(c) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(d) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
4. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He slaps his behind.
(b) He waltzes him off the stage.
(c) He pushes him over.
(d) He orders him to fetch some water.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
(a) Get arrested.
(b) Punch Mitch Goodman.
(c) Stay sober for the march.
(d) Slip out of Washingotn in the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
2. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
4. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
5. In Chapter 1, Mailer claims that America's New Left is drawing its political aesthetic from what country?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)