|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Magic Tramps.
(b) The Fugs.
(c) The New York Dolls.
(d) The Band.
2. What does Mailer liken himself to when he begins emceeing in Chapter 5?
(a) A lawyer parsing words.
(b) A jazz musician riffing on a theme.
(c) A mason laying foundation.
(d) A surgeon tending a breech birth.
3. What does Mailer forget to give back to the hostess when he leaves the party in Chapter 4?
(a) Her housekey.
(b) Her husband's necktie.
(c) A cloth napkin.
(d) A copy of his book.
4. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(c) The Time Magazine reporter.
5. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) John O'Hara.
(b) Thomas Aquinis.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
3. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
4. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
5. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)