|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Ben Franklin's.
(b) Abbie Hoffman's.
(c) Lyndon Johnson's.
(d) William Burroughs'.
2. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(a) de Grazia's.
(c) The host's.
3. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) Read College.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Boston Common.
(d) University of Wisconsin.
4. How long has the audience been waiting when the speakers arrive at the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
5. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 1, why is Norman Mailer arrested?
2. How does Mailer offend the hostess in Chapter 4?
3. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
4. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
5. Which of the following ideas is not something that Mailer declares the young generation believes in more fervently than its forebears in Chapter 1?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)