|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
2. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
(a) He became Goodman's son's godfather.
(b) He wrote a blurb for his book.
(c) He recommended him for a Times op-ed.
(d) He praised him on the Dick Cavett Show.
3. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
(a) Fortune 500 companies.
(b) Right-wing groups.
(c) Motorcycle gangs.
(d) Religious sects.
4. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(b) People begin fleeing.
(c) The afternoon is getting late.
(d) The band stops playing.
5. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
(c) Holding court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
2. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
3. What other protest speaker is on the same plane as with Mailer in Chapter 3?
4. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
5. What instrument does Mailer keep hearing as he marches to the Washington Memorial in Chapter 2?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)