|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 5-10 years.
(b) 40-50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 10-20 years.
2. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) The Deer Park.
(b) The Naked and the Dead.
(c) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(d) The White Negro.
3. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Fugs.
(b) The Band.
(c) The New York Dolls.
(d) The Magic Tramps.
4. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A march to the Capitol.
(b) A small concert on the Mall.
(c) A dinner at the Watergate.
(d) A series of speeches at a theatre.
5. In Chapter 6, how does Mailer characterize Macdonald politically?
(a) A libertarian.
(b) A Trotskyite.
(c) An anti-communist.
(d) A know-nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mailer carry with him when he leaves the part in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
3. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
4. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
5. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)