|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
(a) A series of speeches at a theatre.
(b) A march to the Capitol.
(c) A small concert on the Mall.
(d) A dinner at the Watergate.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
(a) About one hour.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
3. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A New York bistro.
(b) Mailer's den.
(c) An office on I Street.
(d) A publishing house.
4. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) Know one knows the route.
(b) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(c) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
(d) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
5. What strain of sociopolitical thinking does Mailer chart through America in a speech in Chapter 1?
(b) Trade protectionism.
(d) Fiscal conservatism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
3. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
4. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)