|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Sleeping in the aisle.
(b) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
(c) Urinating on the floor.
(d) Vomiting out the window.
2. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(a) About 150.
(b) About 40.
(c) About 100.
3. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a news reporter.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a priest.
4. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
(a) The hostess of the party.
(b) A heckler.
(c) The Time Magazine reporter.
(d) de Grazia.
5. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(b) He is swarmed by press.
(c) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
(d) He is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
2. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
3. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
4. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)