|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
(a) Get her a gift basket.
(b) Slip out inconspiculously.
(c) Wrong her completely.
(d) Apologize profusely.
2. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(b) People begin fleeing.
(c) The band stops playing.
(d) The afternoon is getting late.
3. What is significant about the way Lowell recites his poetry in Chapter 6?
(a) He affects a British accent.
(b) He does not use notes.
(c) He pauses for minutes at a time.
(d) He speaks incredibly quietly.
4. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
(a) The 1963 civil rights march.
(b) An afternoon in Madrid.
(c) Losing his virginity.
(d) World War II.
5. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
(a) The Time Magazine reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
2. What favor has Mailer recently done for Goodman?
3. According to mailer in Chapter 1, which of the following qualities is definitely not necessary in a protagonist for the story of the March?
4. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
5. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)