|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mailer's conversation with Macdonald become awkward in Chapter 4?
(a) Mailer is sleeping with Macdonald's wife.
(b) Mailer has recently discovered he's on the Pulitzer short list.
(c) Macdonald is reviewing Mailer's book.
(d) Macdonald got the post at the New Yorker Mailer wants.
2. What vulgar story does Mailer tell the assembled audience in Chapter 6?
(a) A woman he slept with earlier in the week.
(b) How he ran into a dog on the highway yesterday.
(c) His struggles with intense constipation.
(d) His urination before the show.
3. How does Mailer dismiss de Grazia from the stage to begin emceeing the night in Chapter 5?
(a) He pushes him over.
(b) He slaps his behind.
(c) He waltzes him off the stage.
(d) He orders him to fetch some water.
4. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) People begin fleeing.
(b) The band stops playing.
(c) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(d) The afternoon is getting late.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
(a) A press conference.
(b) The running of the bulls,
(c) A whorehouse.
(d) A class reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Ivy League university did both Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller graduate from?
2. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
3. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
5. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)