|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
(a) The 1963 civil rights march.
(b) World War II.
(c) Losing his virginity.
(d) An afternoon in Madrid.
2. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) Televisions crews.
(b) The police.
(c) The Black Panthers.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
3. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
(a) He did not get very drunk.
(b) He blacked out.
(c) He abstained from all alcohol.
(d) He became belligerent toward his fellow writers.
4. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be shot.
(b) He does not want to be arrested.
(c) He does not want to be maced.
(d) He does not want to be struck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
3. What does Mailer state in Chapter 5 is the best course of action if you cannot please a liberal hostess?
4. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
5. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)