|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be maced.
(b) He does not want to be shot.
(c) He does not want to be arrested.
(d) He does not want to be struck.
2. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Ben Franklin's.
(b) Lyndon Johnson's.
(c) William Burroughs'.
(d) Abbie Hoffman's.
3. In Chapter 3, what concern does does Goodman have about the route to the Pentagon?
(a) There are rumors of roadblocks on the road.
(b) Know one knows the route.
(c) Law enforcement wants them to take the narrowest road.
(d) The route involves a numer of sudden turns.
4. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is naked.
(d) He is sedated.
5. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He looks about confused.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is enthralled.
(d) He quickly loses interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What does Mailer intimate about his drinking the night before Chapter 1?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what does Mailer compare the atmosphere of the Hay-Adams breakfast crowd?
4. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
5. Where did Mailer and the Chapter 2 caller spend a period of time after college?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)