|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He quickly loses interest.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He looks about confused.
(d) He is enthralled.
2. How does the audience respond to Lowell's poem in Chapter 6?
(a) They offer polite applause.
(b) They leave.
(c) They sit impassively.
(d) They give a standing ovation.
3. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
4. Which descriptor best describes Mailer's feelings while watching Lowell speak in Chapter 6?
5. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
(a) Urinating on the floor.
(b) Vomiting out the window.
(c) Trying to punch Paul Goodman.
(d) Sleeping in the aisle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
2. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What is the central action of the protest Mailer is invited to in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
5. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)