|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Band.
(b) The Fugs.
(c) The Magic Tramps.
(d) The New York Dolls.
2. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
(b) He is sleeping under a tree.
(c) He is giving a television interview.
(d) He is being arrested.
3. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
(a) Toasted English muffins.
(c) Bananas and cantaloupe.
(d) Peanut butter and bread.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Purchase Coors beer.
(b) Read the Washington Post.
(c) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(d) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
5. Which of Mailer's books is he clinging onto at he enters the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) The White Negro.
(b) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) The Executioner's Song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mailer's primary complaint about the performance space?
2. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 1, who does Mailer get into a cloyingly complimentary conversation?
4. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
5. What phrase does Mailer use to stand in for any sort of improvised speech?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)