|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is significant about Mailer's state at the time he is arrested?
(a) He is naked.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is sedated.
(d) He is drunk.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer claim the young generation hates more than anything else?
(b) The free market.
3. Whose flattery in Chapter 4 is Mailer suspicious of?
(b) The host's.
(c) de Grazia's.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To wound the American military symbolically.
(b) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
(c) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(d) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
5. What strain of sociopolitical thinking does Mailer chart through America in a speech in Chapter 1?
(b) Trade protectionism.
(d) Fiscal conservatism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous black leader's sister speaks in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 3, Mailer states that left-wing groups should choose names similar to what?
3. In Chapter 5, who attempts to silence de Grazia and Mailer as they squabble onstage?
4. In Chapter 6, how does the audience respond to Mailer's profane tirade?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Mailer resolve to do?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)