|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(b) The Deer Park.
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) The White Negro.
3. With whom does Mailer get into a shouting matching in Chapter 6?
(a) The hostess of the party.
(b) The Time Magazine reporter.
(c) de Grazia.
(d) A heckler.
4. Where does Chapter 2 take place?
(a) A publishing house.
(b) A New York bistro.
(c) An office on I Street.
(d) Mailer's den.
5. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) Televisions crews.
(b) Noam Chomsky.
(c) The Black Panthers.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
3. What is Mailer doing in Chapter 5 when a Time Magazine correspondent approaches him?
4. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
5. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)