|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) People begin fleeing.
(b) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(c) The band stops playing.
(d) The afternoon is getting late.
2. Which of the following is not something Mailer describes as the march begins in Chapter 4?
(a) Helicopters flying overhead.
(b) Reporters vying for the best shots.
(c) Police beating riot shields.
(d) Cars driving slowly past the march.
3. Why do Mailer, Macdonald and Lowell want to be arrested first on Saturday?
(a) They want to catch an evening flight back to New York.
(b) They want to escape Mitch Goodman.
(c) They want to get out of the hot sun quickly.
(d) Only the first ones arrested will be photographed.
4. How many draft cards are turned in at Justice in Chapter 4?
5. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Fugs.
(b) The Magic Tramps.
(c) The New York Dolls.
(d) The Band.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
2. What sport does Mailer liken the debate over Vietnam to in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
4. Which of the following is not something Mailer is mentioned doing during his emceeing of Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 2, what drug does Mailer repeatedly decry?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)