|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strain of sociopolitical thinking does Mailer chart through America in a speech in Chapter 1?
(b) Trade protectionism.
(c) Fiscal conservatism.
2. Who is emceeing when Mailer arrives to the theatre in Chapter 5?
(a) de Grazia.
3. What does Mailer recall as he walks toward the Washington Monument in Chapter 2?
(a) An afternoon in Madrid.
(b) World War II.
(c) The 1963 civil rights march.
(d) Losing his virginity.
4. In Chapter 2, to whom does Mailer state he holds final allegiance?
(b) Fellow artists.
(d) The government.
5. Which of the following men is not quoted by Mailer is having advocated sensory adjudication in Chapter 2?
(a) Thomas Aquinis.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) John O'Hara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is scheduled to happen in Washington, DC, the day that Mailer arrives?
2. What did the performance space in this section used to be used for?
3. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
4. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)