|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
(a) A baptism.
(b) An exorcism.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A laying-on of hands.
2. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
3. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
(a) A bar.
(b) A hot-dog stand.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The Pentagon.
4. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(b) The Naked and the Dead.
(c) The White Negro.
(d) The Deer Park.
5. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is giving a television interview.
(b) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
(c) He is sleeping under a tree.
(d) He is being arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
2. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
4. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
5. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)