|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Poet.
(b) The Journalist.
(c) The Critic.
(d) The Novelist.
2. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is sleeping under a tree.
(b) He is being arrested.
(c) He is giving a television interview.
(d) He is lying on the ground after being maced.
3. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
4. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(b) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is swarmed by press.
5. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Ben Franklin's.
(b) Abbie Hoffman's.
(c) Lyndon Johnson's.
(d) William Burroughs'.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
2. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
3. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
4. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. Where do the organizers of the March go for breakfast in Chapter 3?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)