|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
2. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(b) He was late to court.
(c) He is a consistent violator of the law.
(d) He is older and more influential.
3. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
4. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) The Deer Park.
(b) The White Negro.
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) Why Are We in Vietnam?
5. What is Mailer worried about missing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(c) His medication time.
(d) Lowell's party.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
2. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
3. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
4. What word does Mailer use repeatedly in Chapter 1 to describe the effect of the Pentagon March?
5. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)