|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Fugs.
(b) The Magic Tramps.
(c) The New York Dolls.
(d) The Band.
2. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Critic.
(b) The Poet.
(c) The Novelist.
(d) The Journalist.
3. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
(a) His hand is trembling.
(b) He says he is a fan.
(c) He is black.
(d) He does not have a club.
4. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mitch Goodman signals him.
(b) The afternoon is getting late.
(c) People begin fleeing.
(d) The band stops playing.
5. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
2. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
3. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
4. Who begins the informal meeting in Chapter 3?
5. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)