|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
2. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
(a) Technology and commercialism.
(b) Bloodshed and madness.
(c) Marx and Smith.
(d) Money and power.
3. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) If they will have to serve time.
(b) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
(c) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
(d) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
4. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
(a) de Grazia.
5. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
2. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
3. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
5. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)