|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time in Chapter 8 does Teague begin his lectures again?
(a) 12 PM.
(b) 4 PM.
(c) 5 AM.
(d) 8 AM.
2. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
(a) No contest.
(c) He refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court.
(d) Not guilty.
3. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
4. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) Dwight Macdonald.
5. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The police.
(c) Noam Chomsky.
(d) Televisions crews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
2. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
3. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
4. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)