|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mailer respond to the band's ritual in Chapter 6?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He quickly loses interest.
(c) He is enthralled.
(d) He looks about confused.
2. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a priest.
(d) He is a news reporter.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer specifically not want done to him at the protest, should the police sweep in?
(a) He does not want to be shot.
(b) He does not want to be maced.
(c) He does not want to be struck.
(d) He does not want to be arrested.
4. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Impeding an executive order.
(b) Theft of government property.
(c) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
(d) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
5. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 40-50 years.
(b) 10-20 years.
(c) 5-10 years.
(d) 100 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
2. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
4. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
5. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)