|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) The Naked and the Dead.
(b) The Deer Park.
(c) Why Are We in Vietnam?
(d) The White Negro.
2. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
(a) A hot-dog stand.
(b) A bar.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The Pentagon.
3. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To just go home.
(b) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(c) To speak to one of the monitors.
(d) To have a swig of scotch.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
(a) To achieve publicity for the next day's events.
(b) To provide Paul Goodman a platform to self-promote.
(c) To wound the American military symbolically.
(d) To obstruct the daily activity of the Pentagon.
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 5, how big is the praking lot tot he Pentagon?
(a) The size of a grocery store's parking lot.
(b) Slightly smaller than the central mall.
(c) The size of 5 football fields.
(d) As big as the Pentagon itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
2. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
3. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
4. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
5. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)