|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
(a) A tee shirt and jeans.
(b) He is naked.
(c) A vest, tie, and cufflinks.
(d) A dashiki.
2. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Impeding an executive order.
(b) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
(c) Theft of government property.
(d) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
3. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
(a) He is afraid of the draft.
(b) He is a pacifist.
(c) He believes it is an unjust war.
(d) He has Communist sympathies.
4. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
(b) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
(c) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
(d) If they will have to serve time.
5. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Paul Goodman.
(c) Ed de Grazia.
(d) Dwight Macdonald.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
2. What is happening to Mailer at the end of Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
4. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
5. Where do Lowell, Mailer, and Macdonald go after the card return in Chapter 4?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)