|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the older gentlemen tell a young black man who gets overly angry in Chapter 4?
(a) To speak to one of the monitors.
(b) To lead the way to the Pentagon.
(c) To just go home.
(d) To have a swig of scotch.
2. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
(b) He was a conscientious objector.
(c) He worked in a munitions factory.
(d) He has flat feet.
3. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is refused by the Justice officials.
(c) He is swarmed by press.
(d) He gets into a heated argument with the Solicitor General.
4. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 5-10 years.
(b) 40-50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 10-20 years.
5. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
2. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
3. How many days in jail is Mailer sentenced to in Chapter 9?
4. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
5. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)