|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, how long has the crown been waiting to march?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) About one hour.
(d) Several hours.
2. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Dr. Ben Spock.
(c) Norman Mailer.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
3. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
(b) An open letter to the papers.
(c) An outline for a new novel.
(d) His speech upon release.
4. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Critic.
(b) The Poet.
(c) The Novelist.
(d) The Journalist.
5. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(a) About 150.
(b) About 40.
(d) About 100.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
2. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
4. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)