|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Abbie Hoffman.
(b) Wavy Gravy.
(c) Dan Berrigan.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
2. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He worked in a munitions factory.
(b) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
(c) He has flat feet.
(d) He was a conscientious objector.
3. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
4. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
(a) Aiding someone refusing the draft.
(b) Theft of government property.
(c) Impeding an executive order.
(d) Providing comfort to the enemies of the U.S.
5. Who speaks with Mitch Goodman at the Justice Department in Chapter 4?
(a) Noam Chomsky.
(b) Norman Mailer.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Dr. Ben Spock.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
2. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
3. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
5. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)