|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Boston Common.
(d) Read College.
3. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
(a) Lyndon Johnson's.
(b) Abbie Hoffman's.
(c) William Burroughs'.
(d) Ben Franklin's.
4. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Paul Goodman.
(b) Ed de Grazia.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Dwight Macdonald.
5. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He has flat feet.
(b) He worked in a munitions factory.
(c) He was a conscientious objector.
(d) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which hotel is Mailer staying?
2. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What is Mailer worried about missing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
5. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)