|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 10-20 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 40-50 years.
(d) 5-10 years.
2. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
(a) Not guilty.
(b) He refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court.
(d) No contest.
3. What type of overtones are part of Mailer's speech in Chapter 10?
4. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
(b) Purchase Coors beer.
(c) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(d) Read the Washington Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
3. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
4. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
5. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)