|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Ed de Grazia.
(b) Dwight Macdonald.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Paul Goodman.
2. How does Mailer signal that he wants to be arrested at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He lays prostrate on the ground.
(b) He throws a can at a police cruiser.
(c) He punches an MP.
(d) He crosses a rope line.
3. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 10-20 years.
(b) 40-50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 5-10 years.
4. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
(a) Hell's Kitchen.
(b) Murray Hill.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) Upper East Side.
5. What is Mailer worried about missing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) Lowell's party.
(d) His medication time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mailer use to describe supporters of the ear in Chapter 7?
2. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
4. In Chapter 5, what is Mailer's mind racing to figure out?
5. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)