|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
(a) Purchase Coors beer.
(b) Turn in aluminum as certain stations.
(c) Pay a 10% increase in the income tax.
(d) Read the Washington Post.
2. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
(a) Editor of The New Republic.
(b) A former Air Force pilot.
(c) A local DC businessman.
(d) Chaplain at Yale.
3. How many young men in Chapter 3 will go to the Department of Justice to represent those turning in their draft cards?
(b) About 100.
(c) About 40.
(d) About 150.
4. How is Mailer certain the MP in Chapter 6 is not going to hit him?
(a) He says he is a fan.
(b) He does not have a club.
(c) His hand is trembling.
(d) He is black.
5. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
(a) The Poet.
(b) The Critic.
(c) The Journalist.
(d) The Novelist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
2. What type of quasi-religious ceremony does the music group perform in Chapter 5?
3. Whose "dwarf alter ego" did Mailer claim to be at the Ambassador speech, according to Macdonald in Chapter 3?
4. To what does Mailer compare his hangover in Chapter 2?
5. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)