|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in in Chapter 4 as the protesters are forming ranks?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) The police.
(c) Televisions crews.
(d) Noam Chomsky.
2. How does Mailer plead at his lawyer's suggestion?
(b) Not guilty.
(c) He refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the court.
(d) No contest.
3. Who is William Sloane Coffin?
(a) Chaplain at Yale.
(b) A local DC businessman.
(c) A former Air Force pilot.
(d) Editor of The New Republic.
4. Which two gods does Mailer insist the war supports in Chapter 7?
(a) Technology and commercialism.
(b) Marx and Smith.
(c) Money and power.
(d) Bloodshed and madness.
5. After a term in which of Mailer's books has the band named itself?
(a) The White Negro.
(b) The Deer Park.
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
(d) Why Are We in Vietnam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
2. Next to what famous left icon's bunk does Mailer lay down at the end of Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
5. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)