|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
2. How is Mailer dressed for court in Chapter 9?
(a) A vest, tie, and cufflinks.
(b) A tee shirt and jeans.
(c) A dashiki.
(d) He is naked.
3. According to Mailer in Chapter 3, how did Robert Lowell avoid fighting in World War II?
(a) He was a conscientious objector.
(b) He became a foreign correspondent for the AP.
(c) He has flat feet.
(d) He worked in a munitions factory.
4. What does Mailer begin working on in Occaquan in Chapter 7?
(a) A rebuttal to Teague's ideology.
(b) His speech upon release.
(c) An open letter to the papers.
(d) An outline for a new novel.
5. What is Donald Kalish's profession?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a professor.
(c) He is a news reporter.
(d) He is a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mailer's lawyer in Chapter 9?
2. What is provided for the young men in Chapter 3's breakfast?
3. Why does Mailer determine it is time to get arrested in the end of Chapter 5?
4. Which of the following is not a reason Mailer gives for a person's opposition to the War in Chapter 7?
5. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)