|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the arrested marchers speculate at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Whether they will have to spend the night in jail.
(b) What the coverage of the march will highlight.
(c) If Robert Lowell was arrested.
(d) If they will have to serve time.
2. Which of the following locations is not one that Mailer mentions rioting over the Vietnam issue in Chapter 2?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) Read College.
(c) Boston Common.
(d) Los Angeles, CA.
3. In Chapter 1, how long does Mailer suggest it will take to accurately understand the value of the March?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 5-10 years.
(c) 10-20 years.
(d) 40-50 years.
4. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
5. Which writer does Mailer think he is a stand-in for the young people in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Mailer determine is the goal of an invasion of the Pentagon?
2. What response does Coffin get to his turning in of the draft cards in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Mailer say he has sworn not to do, because it will support continued fighting Vietnam?
4. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
5. What crime would Mailer be guilty of in returning young men's draft cards during the march, according to the statement in Chapter 2?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)