|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week is the march taking place?
2. From what neighborhood in New York are the acquaintances Mailer encounters in Occaquan?
(a) Hell's Kitchen.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) Upper East Side.
(d) Murray Hill.
3. What reason does the judge give for giving Mailer a stiffer sentence in Chapter 9?
(a) He has been uncooperative throughout.
(b) He is a consistent violator of the law.
(c) He is older and more influential.
(d) He was late to court.
4. Which character in Chapter 3 is astounded by the fact that the papers were kind to Mailer's performance and not his?
(a) Ed de Grazia.
(b) Paul Goodman.
(c) Dwight Macdonald.
(d) Robert Lowell.
5. Which music group is playing at the Pentagon in Chapter 5?
(a) The Fugs.
(b) The Magic Tramps.
(c) The New York Dolls.
(d) The Band.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what word does Mailer want to tell Mitch Goodman to shove?
2. Which of the following titles is not one that Mailer the narrator gives himself, Lowell, and Macdonald in Chapter 4?
3. Who in Chapter 5, is completely enthralled by the band's activities?
4. What word best describes the collective mood of the protesters at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What Communist leader's writings is Walter Teague teaching in Chapter 6?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)