Part I, Chapters 1-4
* Time Magazine reports that Norman Mailer, drunk, is arrested crossing a police line.
* Mailer reluctantly agrees to speak at a Vietnam protest in Washington.
* Mailer gets drunk at a party before an evening of speeches and poetry.
* Mailer demands that he emcee the evenings event.
Part I, Chapters 5-6
* Mailer urinates drunkenly on the floor of the Ambassador bathroom.
* Mailer argues with de Grazia to emcee the event.
* Lowell gives a stirringly understated poetry reading.
* Mailer annoys the speakers and crowd with a loud and profane tirade.
* Mailer stalks off to sleep in the hotel.
Part II, Chapters 1-4
* Mailer wakes up incredibly hung over.
* Mailer meets Lowell, Macdonald, Paul Goodman, and Mitch Goodman at a church to prepare for the march.
* Everyone marches to the Department of Justice.
* After speeches, William Sloane Coffin tries unsuccessfully to return 994 draft cards to the DOJ.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)