|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As soon as Argos finished telling the Argonauts of his plans to help Jason to succeed, what bird flew into his lap?
(a) A stern.
(b) A dove.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A hawk.
2. Who does Eros crouch by when he shoots an arrow at Medea?
3. Who protects Jason and the others as they walk to Aietes' palace?
4. On the island of Aithalia, what objects do the Argonauts use to wipe their sweat?
(a) Grave markers.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) Dove feathers.
5. Who does the narrator ask to reveal the thoughts of Medea at the opening of Book Four?
(a) A Muse.
(c) A nymph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gods does Aietes call to as Jason and the Argonauts flee from Aietes's land?
2. Who awoke in terror as Medea and Jason approached the dragon?
3. What type of animal does Kirke use to soak Jason and Medea's hands in blood?
4. What does Jason place over the fleece to keep it safe?
5. Who does Jason kill in an ambush with Medea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Medea ask of her maids in regard to her plan to help Jason?
2. After Jason completes Aietes's challenge, what does Aietes do?
3. Why does Jason agree to take Medea away from her father's lands?
4. What happens that leads Mopsos to believe that Jason will be successful in meeting Aietes's challenge?
5. Why does Medea decide to go to Jason and flee her father's lands?
6. What did Aeites have Hephaistos make for his palace?
7. What does it take for Kypris to convince Eros to bewitch Medea?
8. Why is Erato called Erato?
9. What happens to ensure that the Argonauts know the path they are to take back to Hellas?
10. Why does Medea devise a plan to kill Apsyrtos?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)