|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god devises a "plan" to cleanse the Argonauts of the "blood of the murder" that they carry after killing Apsyrtos?
2. Why does Chalkiope go to Medea's room in the midst of her trying to come up with a plan to gain Medea's help for Jason?
(a) She hears Medea screaming.
(b) Medea is crying.
(c) She hears Aietes planning on sending Medea away.
(d) Medea has asked for her.
3. Who devises a plan regarding the continuation of the voyage after the battle with the Colchians?
4. On the third day at sea, who does Medea say an offering needs to be made to?
5. How many daughters does Aietes have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medea say she will do after Jason finds success in his challenge and leaves her father's lands?
2. Who does Hera ask to watch for Medea and Jason's leave from Kirke's house?
3. What gift do the Argonauts give to the Hylleans?
4. If Chalkiope's sons perish, what does she swear to do to Medea if Medea fails to keep them safe?
5. After Jason completed his challenge, what does Aietes spend all night pondering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aietes threaten his people with after he finds out that Jason has Medea?
2. What happens that makes Aietes wary of his own family?
3. Why does Medea devise a plan to kill Apsyrtos?
4. Why is Erato called Erato?
5. Why does Hera seek out Kypris (Aphrodite) to help Jason's quest?
6. Why do the Argonauts think that Jason should not protect Medea?
7. Why does Hera like Jason so much?
8. Why do Jason and Medea have to go see Kirke?
9. Why does Jason agree to take Medea away from her father's lands?
10. How does Hera convince Thetis to help the Argonauts?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)