|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aietes beleive that Jason has come from Hellas?
(a) To marry his queen.
(b) To get the fleece.
(c) To gain his throne.
(d) To steal his daughter.
2. How is Jason related to Aietes?
(a) Aietes' mother is Jason's aunt.
(b) Jason is a distant cousin of Aietes' father.
(c) Jason's father and Aietes' father are brothers.
(d) Aietes' father is Jason's uncle.
3. To whom are the Islands of the Brygoi dedicated to?
4. Why does Chalkiope go to Medea's room in the midst of her trying to come up with a plan to gain Medea's help for Jason?
(a) Medea has asked for her.
(b) Medea is crying.
(c) She hears Medea screaming.
(d) She hears Aietes planning on sending Medea away.
5. Whose is Telamon's grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Argos related to Medea?
2. Who places a grievous fear in Medea's heart regarding her part in helping Jason succeed?
3. Who does Argos say lived before the moon and ate acorns from the mountains?
4. Who awoke in terror as Medea and Jason approached the dragon?
5. Who did Hera give Thetis as a husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Jason completes Aietes's challenge, what does Aietes do?
2. Why do the Argonauts think that Jason should not protect Medea?
3. What does Medea do as she leaves her father's palace?
4. What does Aietes threaten his people with after he finds out that Jason has Medea?
5. Why is Erato called Erato?
6. What happens that leads Mopsos to believe that Jason will be successful in meeting Aietes's challenge?
7. What precaution does Aietes give to Jason about the challenge?
8. Why does Jason agree to take Medea away from her father's lands?
9. Why does Medea decide to go to Jason and flee her father's lands?
10. Describe the four springs that flow from Aietes's palace.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)