|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose is Telamon's grandfather?
2. What animal speaks to Jason and Moposos to tell them of the plan for Jason to meet Medea?
(a) A bull.
(b) A dove.
(c) A crow.
(d) A sheep.
3. What herb does Medea use on the dragon?
4. Who does Kypris say should be cursed if they cannot help the goddesses achieve success for the Argonauts?
5. How is Jason related to Aietes?
(a) Jason is a distant cousin of Aietes' father.
(b) Aietes' mother is Jason's aunt.
(c) Jason's father and Aietes' father are brothers.
(d) Aietes' father is Jason's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask to reveal the thoughts of Medea at the opening of Book Four?
2. Whose priestess was Medea?
3. How many streams flowed from the Aietes' palace doors?
4. What is Kirke doing when the Argonauts find her?
5. After Agros spoke to the Argonauts about the path home, what do they see that marked the path they were to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Medea decide to go to Jason and flee her father's lands?
2. What precaution does Aietes give to Jason about the challenge?
3. What plan does Argos have to insure that Jason succeeds at Aietes's challenge?
4. What happens that leads Mopsos to believe that Jason will be successful in meeting Aietes's challenge?
5. What does Medea normally do during the day?
6. What happens to ensure that the Argonauts know the path they are to take back to Hellas?
7. Why do the Argonauts think that Jason should not protect Medea?
8. Why does Hera like Jason so much?
9. Why does Hera seek out Kypris (Aphrodite) to help Jason's quest?
10. What does Medea tell Jason will happen if he breaks his promise to her?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)