|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jason prays for the safe passage and return of the Argo, what does he throw?
2. From what weapon's wound does Sthenelos die?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A sword.
(d) A Harpie's claws.
3. Who is given the honor of sitting in the middle benches?
4. When Jason arrives at Anaurus, to whom the banquet was in honor of?
5. Who is Phineus's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Akastos the cloak that he is wearing upon the Argo?
2. According to Book I, who has the sharpest mind of any mortal?
3. Who was the first person that the men aboard the Argo wanted as their leader?
4. What type of winds are the men waiting for before they leave the port in Book 1?
5. After leaving Bebrykian, upon what shores do the Argonauts land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Phineus being punished by Zeus?
2. What does Amykos require of all men who try to leave his lands?
3. What does Jason tell the Argonauts to do when they reach Colchis?
4. What punishment does Phineus receive for angering Zeus?
5. Why is Phineus happy to see the Argonauts?
6. Why do the Argonauts wish that Hercales would have accompanied them to Amykos's land?
7. What do the Argonauts do to set a trap for the Harpies?
8. What song does Orpheus sing to stop Idmon and Idas from fighting?
9. Why does Hercales tell the Argonauts that they must continue upon their journey and leave the Leminan women?
10. Why does Zetes question Phineus about the Argonauts' involvement with the prophecy?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)