|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Argonauts sacrifice to cleanse Phineus?
(a) An ox.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A goat.
(d) A dove.
2. How many men, from the Assyrian territory, join the Argonauts
3. To whose sons does Lykos build a shine to on the Acherousian headlands?
(b) The sons of Tyndareos.
(d) Jason and the Argonauts.
4. During the sacrifice prior to leaving Hellas, what does Aison pour over the ox's sacrificial meat as it burning?
(a) Sea water.
(c) Blood and wine mixture.
(d) Unmixed wine.
5. For how many days do the Argonauts mourn the death of their fellow sailor (the one who perishes from a boar attack)?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 8 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Phineus lose his eyesight to?
2. To whom did the Amazon queens have a shine built?
3. What does Phineus tell the Argonauts to avoid as they proceed to Bithynians?
4. What color is the bow that Apollo (the Son of Leto) carries?
5. What goddess does Jason ask his mother to seek guidance from (as he leaves for the Argos)?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the land where Sthenelos's tomb resides called "Lyre"?
2. What is the history of Orpheus?
3. Prior to leaving Hellas on their journey, what do the Argonauts sacrifice to Apollo?
4. Why do the Argonauts wish that Hercales would have accompanied them to Amykos's land?
5. What happens to make the Harpies go away and leave Phineus alone forever?
6. Why was Phineus being punished by Zeus?
7. Why does Hercales tell the Argonauts that they must continue upon their journey and leave the Leminan women?
8. What must the Argonauts do to ensure that they make it through the Clashing Rocks?
9. What does Jason's mother say she wishes would happen before Jason leaves on his voyage?
10. What do the Argonauts do to set a trap for the Harpies?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)