|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason ask his mother to do when he leaves for the Argos?
(a) Offer a beast as sacrifice to the gods.
(b) Sing praises to the gods.
(c) Stay in the house.
(d) Come with him to the docks.
2. What goddess allows Sthenelos to watch the Agro pass before his tomb?
3. Which goddess helped Jason to get the Argos?
4. When Jason arrives at Anaurus, to whom the banquet was in honor of?
5. Why do the slaves, maidservants, Jason, and his mother all gather together in his home?
(a) A child is being born.
(b) To bid Jason farewell.
(c) Jason's father is dying.
(d) Jason's mother is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what coast does Jason travel to to meet the Argo?
2. Upon which goddess does the success of the Argonauts journey depend?
3. For how many days do the Argonauts stay on Lykos's land?
4. During the sacrifice prior to leaving Hellas, what does Aison pour over the ox's sacrificial meat as it burning?
5. Who does Orpheus marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Polyzo propose to the Leminan women about the Argonauts?
2. Why does Hercales tell the Argonauts that they must continue upon their journey and leave the Leminan women?
3. What punishment does Phineus receive for angering Zeus?
4. What does Idmon tell the Argonauts prior to them leaving on their voyage?
5. What does Amykos say is the punishment for refusing to partake in a boxing match against him?
6. What do the Argonauts do to set a trap for the Harpies?
7. What happens to make the Harpies go away and leave Phineus alone forever?
8. What must the Argonauts do to ensure that they make it through the Clashing Rocks?
9. What song does Orpheus sing to stop Idmon and Idas from fighting?
10. What do the Argonauts do before they leave Phineus?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)