|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason ask his mother to do when he leaves for the Argos?
(a) Come with him to the docks.
(b) Offer a beast as sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Stay in the house.
(d) Sing praises to the gods.
2. To whom did the Amazon queens have a shine built?
3. What type of winds are the men waiting for before they leave the port in Book 1?
4. Which goddess leapt onto a cloud as the Argo departed from Phineus's land?
5. Who dies as the result of a boar attack while leaving from Lykos's lands?
(d) Lykos' son.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Book I, who has the sharpest mind of any mortal?
2. What does Phineus tell the Argonauts to avoid as they proceed to Bithynians?
3. After the men had placed the Argo in the water, what was the first task men needed to be assigned to?
4. When Jason arrives at Anaurus, to whom the banquet was in honor of?
5. Who do the men celebrate during their first night at Bebrykian?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Phineus finds out that the Harpes are gone forever, what does he wish for?
2. Why are the Leminan women going to welcome the Argonauts on their island?
3. Why does Pelias devise a challenge for Jason?
4. What does Hypsipyle do to save her father from being murdered by the Leminan women?
5. What do the Argonauts do before they leave Phineus?
6. Why is Phineus happy to see the Argonauts?
7. What do the Argonauts do to set a trap for the Harpies?
8. Why are the Argonauts chosen to sail with Jason?
9. Why was Phineus being punished by Zeus?
10. Why does Zetes question Phineus about the Argonauts' involvement with the prophecy?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)