|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which goddess leapt onto a cloud as the Argo departed from Phineus's land?
2. To whom does Jason wish to build an alter to while the Argo is being prepared?
3. What do the Argonauts sacrifice to cleanse Phineus?
(a) A goat.
(b) An ox.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A dove.
4. Who is Phineus's wife?
5. Who gave the Argo the "divine plank of Dodonan"?
6. Which goddess helped Jason to get the Argos?
7. In Mariandynoi, where does the "path which descends" lead to?
(b) The Golden Fleece.
(c) The lush valleys.
(d) The cave of the Sirens.
8. What creature was Apollo known for killing when he was a young child?
(a) A cyclops.
(b) A minotaur.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A serpent.
9. Whose home was Gyrton?
10. Who do the men celebrate during their first night at Bebrykian?
(b) The Therapnaian son of Zeus.
11. For how many days do the Argonauts mourn the death of their fellow sailor (the one who perishes from a boar attack)?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 6 days.
12. On what type of tree does the Golden Fleece hang?
13. What two men fought before the Agro left Hellas on its journey?
(a) Idmon and Jason.
(b) Ankaios and Hercales.
(c) Idas and Idmon.
(d) Jason and Hercales.
14. What animals do the Argonauts sacrifice to Apollo at Lyre?
15. Who volunteers to box against King Amykos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What wish does Phineus ask of the gods after he finishes the tale of the Argonauts journey?
2. What do the sailors, of the Argo, lay on the sand to rest prior to their leaving Hellas?
3. Who is Jason's mother?
4. Who is Phineus's father?
5. Who is the father of Polyphemus?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)