|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "god of the shore"?
2. What does Jason ask his mother to do when he leaves for the Argos?
(a) Offer a beast as sacrifice to the gods.
(b) Sing praises to the gods.
(c) Stay in the house.
(d) Come with him to the docks.
3. Who cuts the neck of the ox to prepare it for sacrifice before the Argo leaves Hellas?
4. When Jason arrives at Anaurus, to whom the banquet was in honor of?
5. What type of hide does Argos wear as he came to meet Jason?
6. According to Phineus's tale, what will the Argonauts come upon first after leaving him?
(a) The lair of the Harpies.
(b) The Sirens.
(c) The Great Sea's Divide.
(d) The Dark Rocks.
7. Upon which goddess does the success of the Argonauts journey depend?
8. Who is given the honor of sitting in the middle benches?
9. Where do the Mossynoikoi get their name from?
(a) The river that passes through their lands.
(b) The mountains that rise off of their land.
(c) The towers they build.
(d) The trees that grow on their lands.
10. Who is given the task of guiding the rudder of the Agro?
11. Who hits the ox on the head to prepare it for sacrifice before the Argo leaves Hellas?
12. Who gave Akastos the cloak that he is wearing upon the Argo?
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
13. Who dies as the result of a boar attack while leaving from Lykos's lands?
(d) Lykos' son.
14. Which goddess leapt onto a cloud as the Argo departed from Phineus's land?
15. Who else dies as the Argonauts are waiting to leave Lykos's land?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men, from the Assyrian territory, join the Argonauts
2. Whose "famous deeds" is the narrator speaking of in the opening of Book I?
3. What do the Argonauts sacrifice to cleanse Phineus?
4. How many challenges does the son of Leto say the men will face on their journey?
5. What two men fought before the Agro left Hellas on its journey?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)