|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iphias kiss as Jason leaves for his journey?
(a) His hand.
(b) His shield.
(c) His cheek.
(d) His elbow.
2. Which goddess leapt onto a cloud as the Argo departed from Phineus's land?
3. Who does Orpheus marry?
4. To whose sons does Lykos build a shine to on the Acherousian headlands?
(a) The sons of Tyndareos.
(d) Jason and the Argonauts.
5. On what type of tree does the Golden Fleece hang?
6. What type of winds are the men waiting for before they leave the port in Book 1?
7. What does Jason ask his mother to do when he leaves for the Argos?
(a) Offer a beast as sacrifice to the gods.
(b) Come with him to the docks.
(c) Stay in the house.
(d) Sing praises to the gods.
8. Who gave Akastos the cloak that he is wearing upon the Argo?
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
9. While the heroes are on the way to Magnesian Pagasai, what does the text compare the heroes to?
(a) Bright stars.
(b) Lightning bolts.
(c) Blooming flowers.
(d) Golden shields.
10. What wish does Phineus ask of the gods after he finishes the tale of the Argonauts journey?
(c) A blessing.
(d) A full stomach.
11. Who volunteers to box against King Amykos?
12. From what weapon's wound does Sthenelos die?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A Harpie's claws.
(d) A sword.
13. What type of tree is the Argo tied to upon the shores of Bebrykian?
(a) A cypress tree.
(b) A redwood.
(c) A great oak.
(d) A laurel tree.
14. According to the oracle, what would the man who is going to kill Pelias be wearing?
(a) A crown of olive leaves.
(b) A vest of gold.
(c) A blood-stained robe.
(d) One shoe.
15. Where do the Mossynoikoi get their name from?
(a) The trees that grow on their lands.
(b) The mountains that rise off of their land.
(c) The towers they build.
(d) The river that passes through their lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the Argo the "divine plank of Dodonan"?
2. What does the dragon, who guards the fleece, fail to do?
3. After Jason prays for the safe passage and return of the Argo, what does he throw?
4. Who is given the honor of sitting in the middle benches?
5. What animals do the Argonauts sacrifice to Apollo at Lyre?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)