|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the Argo the "divine plank of Dodonan"?
2. What, upon the night of Phineus's quest tale, do the Argonauts offer as sacrifice to Apollo?
(a) 2 sheep.
(b) 4 oxen.
(c) 1 oxen.
(d) 6 sheep.
3. Who is the father of Polyphemus?
4. Who does Orpheus marry?
5. What wish does Phineus ask of the gods after he finishes the tale of the Argonauts journey?
(a) A full stomach.
(c) A blessing.
6. During the sacrifice prior to leaving Hellas, what does Aison pour over the ox's sacrificial meat as it burning?
(a) Blood and wine mixture.
(b) Sea water.
(d) Unmixed wine.
7. To where do the Harpies retire to after being banished from the Floating Islands?
(b) A cave.
(c) Across the sea.
(d) Up to Olympos.
8. Who is Phineus's wife?
9. After leaving Bebrykian, upon what shores do the Argonauts land?
10. What crime did Paraibious's father commit so that all of his children would be punished?
(a) He cursed Hera.
(b) He refused to sacrifice a labm to Zeus.
(c) He killed a nymph.
(d) He cut down a tree.
11. On what type of tree does the Golden Fleece hang?
12. Who cuts the neck of the ox to prepare it for sacrifice before the Argo leaves Hellas?
13. When the heroes are to arrive at Aietes palace, what does the narrator say they will do if Pelias does not give them the fleece?
(a) Overthrow Pelias.
(b) Steal his queen.
(c) Set fire to the palace.
(d) Kill everyone.
14. Who hits the ox on the head to prepare it for sacrifice before the Argo leaves Hellas?
15. To whom does Phineus lose his eyesight to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts to play the lyre and sing while two men fight before the Agro leaves on its journey?
2. To whose sons does Lykos build a shine to on the Acherousian headlands?
3. In Mariandynoi, where does the "path which descends" lead to?
4. Who steals all of Phineus's food?
5. After Jason prays for the safe passage and return of the Argo, what does he throw?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)