|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phineus tell the Argonauts to avoid as they proceed to Bithynians?
(a) The rocks.
(b) The reefs.
(c) The sea vines.
(d) The Sirens.
2. Who rules over Eleans?
3. What physical attribute of Apollo's may only his mother, Leto, touch?
(a) His lips.
(b) His face.
(c) His hand.
(d) His hair.
4. In Mariandynoi, where does the "path which descends" lead to?
(a) The cave of the Sirens.
(b) The Golden Fleece.
(c) The lush valleys.
5. What does the dragon, who guards the fleece, fail to do?
(a) Breathe fire.
(b) Hear, it is deaf.
6. What crime did Paraibious's father commit so that all of his children would be punished?
(a) He refused to sacrifice a labm to Zeus.
(b) He cut down a tree.
(c) He killed a nymph.
(d) He cursed Hera.
7. To where do the Harpies retire to after being banished from the Floating Islands?
(b) Up to Olympos.
(c) Across the sea.
(d) A cave.
8. Who do the men celebrate during their first night at Bebrykian?
(a) The Therapnaian son of Zeus.
9. During the sacrifice prior to leaving Hellas, what does Aison pour over the ox's sacrificial meat as it burning?
(a) Unmixed wine.
(b) Blood and wine mixture.
(d) Sea water.
10. According to Book I, who has the sharpest mind of any mortal?
11. What creature was Apollo known for killing when he was a young child?
(a) A cyclops.
(b) A minotaur.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A serpent.
12. How many men, from the Assyrian territory, join the Argonauts
13. For how many days do the Argonauts mourn the death of their fellow sailor (the one who perishes from a boar attack)?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 6 days.
14. What does Jason ask his mother to do when he leaves for the Argos?
(a) Stay in the house.
(b) Offer a beast as sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Sing praises to the gods.
(d) Come with him to the docks.
15. What goddess allows Sthenelos to watch the Agro pass before his tomb?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the oracle, what would the man who is going to kill Pelias be wearing?
2. From what goddess do the Amazon women descend from?
3. Who is the "god of the shore"?
4. Which goddess leapt onto a cloud as the Argo departed from Phineus's land?
5. After leaving Bebrykian, upon what shores do the Argonauts land?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)