|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four: Homeward Bound.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the steersman on the voyage back to Hellas?
2. Who steals all of Phineus's food?
3. Who does the narrator ask to reveal the thoughts of Medea at the opening of Book Four?
(b) A Muse.
(d) A nymph.
4. Why does Jason say that their hopes of returning safely to Hellas are slim?
(a) Because Zeus will not allow him to succeed.
(b) Because they must entrust women.
(c) Because he is weak from the voyage.
(d) Because the challenges are very difficult.
5. What does Phineus tell the Argonauts they must release to make it through their first challenge after leaving him?
(a) An ox.
(b) An albatross.
(c) A raven.
(d) A dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god devises a "plan" to cleanse the Argonauts of the "blood of the murder" that they carry after killing Apsyrtos?
2. On what coast does Jason travel to to meet the Argo?
3. Who does Jason kill in an ambush with Medea?
4. Who awoke in terror as Medea and Jason approached the dragon?
5. What had Hephaistos fashioned for Aietes' palace that had a bronze mouth and breathed fire?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)