|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four: Homeward Bound.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason say that their hopes of returning safely to Hellas are slim?
(a) Because they must entrust women.
(b) Because the challenges are very difficult.
(c) Because Zeus will not allow him to succeed.
(d) Because he is weak from the voyage.
2. What physical attribute of Apollo's may only his mother, Leto, touch?
(a) His lips.
(b) His hand.
(c) His hair.
(d) His face.
3. Who do the men celebrate during their first night at Bebrykian?
(d) The Therapnaian son of Zeus.
4. What crime did Paraibious's father commit so that all of his children would be punished?
(a) He cursed Hera.
(b) He cut down a tree.
(c) He killed a nymph.
(d) He refused to sacrifice a labm to Zeus.
5. What animal does the son of Leto state has shown him of the "ill-omens" of the journey that the men are getting ready to embark upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped the Argonauts escape from their enemies at sea by sending lightning flashes from the sky?
2. To whom does Jason wish to build an alter to while the Argo is being prepared?
3. As darkness brought on the first night at Bebrykian, what sounds kept many from sleeping?
4. What animal speaks to Jason and Moposos to tell them of the plan for Jason to meet Medea?
5. What does Medea cut off and leave for her mother as a memorial of her virginity?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)