|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four: Homeward Bound.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medea say she will do to the bulls of the challenge?
(a) Blind them.
(b) Feed them heavily so they are too tired to fight.
(c) Lead them for Jason.
(d) Drug them.
2. Who does Argos tell Jason they must win over to help Jason with his challenge?
3. On the island of Aithalia, what objects do the Argonauts use to wipe their sweat?
(a) Grave markers.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) Dove feathers.
4. According to Phineus's tale, what will the Argonauts come upon first after leaving him?
(a) The Dark Rocks.
(b) The Sirens.
(c) The lair of the Harpies.
(d) The Great Sea's Divide.
5. Whose palace does Athena go to to ask for help for Jason's quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Agros spoke to the Argonauts about the path home, what do they see that marked the path they were to take?
2. What goddess does Medea invoke while approaching the guardian dragon?
3. What does Aietes bury in the furrows that he plows with the bronze-hoofed bulls?
4. What are Kirke's beasts made of?
5. What area does Medea step out onto from the Argo as she comes to the place where the fleece is?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)