|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Jason and Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as soon as the Argonauts make it through the Clashing Rocks?
(a) The rocks sink into the sea.
(b) The rocks became seafoam.
(c) The rocks fuse together.
(d) The rocks burst apart.
2. Which part of the ox is sacrificed, prior the Agro leaving Hellas?
(a) The thigh pieces.
(b) The interanal organs.
(c) The breast pieces.
(d) The heart.
3. Who is the "god of the shore"?
4. Who is Phineus's father?
5. What does Jason ask his mother to do when he leaves for the Argos?
(a) Come with him to the docks.
(b) Sing praises to the gods.
(c) Stay in the house.
(d) Offer a beast as sacrifice to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal speaks to Jason and Moposos to tell them of the plan for Jason to meet Medea?
2. Who does Eros crouch by when he shoots an arrow at Medea?
3. While the heroes are on the way to Magnesian Pagasai, what does the text compare the heroes to?
4. How many "measures" must Jason plow with the bronze-hoofed bulls?
5. Whose "famous deeds" is the narrator speaking of in the opening of Book I?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)