|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Jason and Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, upon the night of Phineus's quest tale, do the Argonauts offer as sacrifice to Apollo?
(a) 2 sheep.
(b) 4 oxen.
(c) 6 sheep.
(d) 1 oxen.
2. How many challenges does the son of Leto say the men will face on their journey?
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) A numberless amount.
(d) One hundred.
3. Why do the slaves, maidservants, Jason, and his mother all gather together in his home?
(a) A child is being born.
(b) Jason's mother is dying.
(c) Jason's father is dying.
(d) To bid Jason farewell.
4. What does the dragon, who guards the fleece, fail to do?
(b) Hear, it is deaf.
(c) Breathe fire.
5. On what type of tree does the Golden Fleece hang?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Athena about a possible plan to insure the Argonauts success?
2. What do the Argonauts sacrifice to cleanse Phineus?
3. Who is Phineus's father?
4. Who starts to play the lyre and sing while two men fight before the Agro leaves on its journey?
5. From what weapon's wound does Sthenelos die?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)