|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Onward to Colchis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as soon as the Argonauts make it through the Clashing Rocks?
(a) The rocks burst apart.
(b) The rocks fuse together.
(c) The rocks became seafoam.
(d) The rocks sink into the sea.
2. What is the name of the people who came to make alliances with the Argonauts since they had beaten the Bebrykians?
3. Who is Jason's mother?
4. When learning of Heracles's origins, what animal does he have in chains?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A boar.
(d) A lion.
5. What, upon the night of Phineus's quest tale, do the Argonauts offer as sacrifice to Apollo?
(a) 2 sheep.
(b) 4 oxen.
(c) 6 sheep.
(d) 1 oxen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mortal that both Zeus and Apollo fail to "deflower"?
2. To whom does Phineus lose his eyesight to?
3. Who does Orpheus marry?
4. In Mariandynoi, where does the "path which descends" lead to?
5. What color is the bow that Apollo (the Son of Leto) carries?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)