|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Preparation and Departure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the oracle, what would the man who is going to kill Pelias be wearing?
(a) A vest of gold.
(b) One shoe.
(c) A blood-stained robe.
(d) A crown of olive leaves.
2. On what coast does Jason travel to to meet the Argo?
3. Who is the "god of the shore"?
4. When singing of the lineage of heroes, who does the narrator state inspires his song?
(d) The Muses.
5. How many challenges does the son of Leto say the men will face on their journey?
(a) One hundred.
(b) A numberless amount.
(c) Ten thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits the ox on the head to prepare it for sacrifice before the Argo leaves Hellas?
2. What type of winds are the men waiting for before they leave the port in Book 1?
3. Whose "fate" do the men, of the Argo, grieve about (prior to their leaving Hellas)?
4. What animal does the son of Leto state has shown him of the "ill-omens" of the journey that the men are getting ready to embark upon?
5. When learning of Heracles's origins, what animal does he have in chains?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)