|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four: Homeward Bound.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the night that Medea agrees to help Jason, to what stars do the sailors on the open see look at?
(a) The stars of Crux.
(b) The stars of Scorpius.
(c) The stars of Orion.
(d) The stars of Caelum.
2. Who, as told in a reflection, did Jason carry across a flooded stream?
3. After the men had placed the Argo in the water, what was the first task men needed to be assigned to?
(a) Rowing-bench seats.
(b) Steering schedules.
(c) Sleeping schedules.
(d) Deck watch shifts.
4. What type of tree is the Argo tied to upon the shores of Bebrykian?
(a) A redwood.
(b) A cypress tree.
(c) A great oak.
(d) A laurel tree.
5. What bird impales itself on the ships' sternpost?
(a) A eagle.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A black-kit.
(d) An egret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice is heard by the Argonauts as they enter the Rhodanos?
2. Who is Kirke the sister of?
3. Who does Hera ask to watch for Medea and Jason's leave from Kirke's house?
4. How many "measures" must Jason plow with the bronze-hoofed bulls?
5. Who cuts the neck of the ox to prepare it for sacrifice before the Argo leaves Hellas?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)