|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Jason and Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree is the Argo tied to upon the shores of Bebrykian?
(a) A laurel tree.
(b) A cypress tree.
(c) A great oak.
(d) A redwood.
2. To where do the Harpies retire to after being banished from the Floating Islands?
(a) Across the sea.
(b) A cave.
(d) Up to Olympos.
3. What happens to the women of the Plain of Kirke when they die?
(a) They are put on boats and put out to sea.
(b) They are cremated.
(c) They buried in the earth.
(d) They are placed in a sacrifical tomb to Zeus.
4. Who volunteers to box against King Amykos?
5. Who do the men celebrate during their first night at Bebrykian?
(a) The Therapnaian son of Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as soon as the Argonauts make it through the Clashing Rocks?
2. How many men, from the Assyrian territory, join the Argonauts
3. What creature was Apollo known for killing when he was a young child?
4. Why does Jason say that their hopes of returning safely to Hellas are slim?
5. To whom does Jason wish to build an alter to while the Argo is being prepared?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)