|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Jason and Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which goddess leapt onto a cloud as the Argo departed from Phineus's land?
2. Who is Phineus's father?
3. To whom does Jason wish to build an alter to while the Argo is being prepared?
4. Why does Jason say that their hopes of returning safely to Hellas are slim?
(a) Because the challenges are very difficult.
(b) Because they must entrust women.
(c) Because Zeus will not allow him to succeed.
(d) Because he is weak from the voyage.
5. Who is Phineus's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rules over Eleans?
2. What type of hide does Argos wear as he came to meet Jason?
3. In what art is Mopsus skilled?
4. Why do the slaves, maidservants, Jason, and his mother all gather together in his home?
5. After Jason prays for the safe passage and return of the Argo, what does he throw?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)