|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Jason and Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eros crouch by when he shoots an arrow at Medea?
2. Who is given the task of guiding the rudder of the Agro?
3. For how many days do the Argonauts mourn the death of their fellow sailor (the one who perishes from a boar attack)?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
4. What does Iphias kiss as Jason leaves for his journey?
(a) His cheek.
(b) His elbow.
(c) His shield.
(d) His hand.
5. After the men had placed the Argo in the water, what was the first task men needed to be assigned to?
(a) Rowing-bench seats.
(b) Steering schedules.
(c) Sleeping schedules.
(d) Deck watch shifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal speaks to Jason and Moposos to tell them of the plan for Jason to meet Medea?
2. Why does Jason say that their hopes of returning safely to Hellas are slim?
3. What had Hephaistos fashioned for Aietes' palace that had a bronze mouth and breathed fire?
4. What creature was Apollo known for killing when he was a young child?
5. Who starts to play the lyre and sing while two men fight before the Agro leaves on its journey?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)