|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Jason and Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mariandynoi, where does the "path which descends" lead to?
(a) The lush valleys.
(b) The cave of the Sirens.
(c) The Golden Fleece.
2. Who volunteers to box against King Amykos?
3. What does Medea say she will do after Jason finds success in his challenge and leaves her father's lands?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Force him to marry her.
(c) Admit all to her father and suffer the punishment.
(d) Hide aboard his ship.
4. What bird impales itself on the ships' sternpost?
(a) A black-kit.
(b) An egret.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A eagle.
5. On what coast does Jason travel to to meet the Argo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lost the boxing match?
2. To where do the Harpies retire to after being banished from the Floating Islands?
3. Who gave the Argo the "divine plank of Dodonan"?
4. How many daughters does Aietes have?
5. Upon which goddess does the success of the Argonauts journey depend?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)