Book One: Preparation and Departure
1. Whose "famous deeds" is the narrator speaking of in the opening of Book I?
(a) The lovers of Aphrodite.
(b) Pillars of men.
(c) Wise and stong men.
(d) Men of old.
2. According to the oracle, what would the man who is going to kill Pelias be wearing?
(a) A vest of gold.
(b) A blood-stained robe.
(c) A crown of olive leaves.
(d) One shoe.
3. When Jason arrives at Anaurus, to whom the banquet was in honor of?
4. Which goddess does Pelias ignore during the feast?
5. Which goddess helped Jason to get the Argos?
6. When singing of the lineage of heroes, who does the narrator state inspires his song?
(d) The Muses.
7. Who does Orpheus marry?
8. What kind of trees grow at Zone on the Thracian shore?
9. Who is the father of Polyphemus?
This section contains 3,835 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)