|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Romany brainwashes which character?
2. What phenomenon is Romanelli stricken with?
3. Romany surrounds himself with these mythical creatures on his way to meet Fikee in 1684.
4. Who is the cobbler Eshvlis?
5. How does Romany explain his appearance from the time gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Romany after Doyle returns to 1810 from 1684.
2. What does Jacky pay a penny at a bar to see?
3. What is in Fikee's black box?
4. Describe Big Biter.
5. Why does Romany change his plans when Lord Byron returns to the camp?
6. What is the opium-drugged Coleridge's role in the climax in the underground tunnels of Rat Castle?
7. What does Romany want from the yags and what is he using to get what he wants from them?
8. What becomes of the Master?
9. Describe the yags.
10. What is Darrow and Dog Face Joe's arrangement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the antagonists in this book of capable of doing horrible things to other characters. What actions define them as antagonists? Is their behavior a result of their past? Are they to blame for their actions or are others pulling the strings? Please cite your examples.
Essay Topic 2
Romany is a changed man after he is marooned in 1684. Is the Romany known as the Luck of the Surrey-side beggars crazy? Is he eccentric? Does the gunshot change him, or does his determination for revenge? What is his character's chief purpose as the Luck?
Essay Topic 3
Doyle and others travel through windows in time. Doyle worries that if he meddles too much with the past, it will result in a very different future. Is the past bound in destiny in the book, or can it be altered? Explain your answer with specific examples.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)