|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Moss flees, and Doyle takes a souvenir before chasing after Lord Byron. What did Doyle take?
2. Romany surrounds himself with these mythical creatures on his way to meet Fikee in 1684.
3. What does Romany need to put at a perfect angle to jump through time?
4. What does the Master order Romanelli to do with Doyle?
5. What is John Murray's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the boat Romanelli and Doyle find themselves on.
2. What is Darrow and Dog Face Joe's arrangement?
3. What does Jacky pay a penny at a bar to see?
4. What becomes of Chinnie's body?
5. Describe Romany after Doyle returns to 1810 from 1684.
6. What does the Master promise he'll do for Doyle?
7. Under what circumstances do Romanelli and Horrabin meet?
8. What becomes of the Master?
9. What does Damnable Richard do when Romany orders their captive killed?
10. What preparations has Doyle made in anticipation of his death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Doyle is swapped into a new body. Is he still the same Doyle, or does having a different body change Doyle? Support your position by reviewing his actions before and after the change.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the antagonists in this book of capable of doing horrible things to other characters. What actions define them as antagonists? Is their behavior a result of their past? Are they to blame for their actions or are others pulling the strings? Please cite your examples.
Essay Topic 3
Can Darrow be defined as an antagonist or a protagonist? How did his meddling in 1810 effect Doyle? What is the main purpose of his character in the plot?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)