|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Romany's honorary chair?
2. What was Romany using in the woods?
3. What is Fikee casting a spell to open?
4. When the time tourists arrive at the lecture they discover it is ___________.
5. What does Doyle find behind the locked door the beggar opens for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Each passenger in Darrow's group wears a leather band that is called a hook. Describe what it is for and how it works.
2. How does Jacky react to Doyle's revelation that he traveled to England by magic?
3. Why is Jacky looking for Dog Face Joe?
4. Describe Ahmed the Hindoo.
5. Describe Jacky.
6. Doyle knows that other twentieth century men are after him. What he doesn't know at first, is why. Why are other men from Doyle's time trying to kill him?
7. Describe the place where Horrabin and his beggars hold parliament.
8. What happens to Fikee after the experiment?
9. Doyle is watching Lord Byron drinking in a pub when he wakes up in very different circumstances. Describe what has happened to him.
10. What happens when Doyle and Romany first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Doyle and others travel through windows in time. Doyle worries that if he meddles too much with the past, it will result in a very different future. Is the past bound in destiny in the book, or can it be altered? Explain your answer with specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
What themes can be found in the book? What scenes or dialogue define the themes? How are Jacky and Doyle affected by the themes? Are the themes relevant to real life?
Essay Topic 3
Fikee and Dr. Romanelli are the master's best lieutenants. When confronted with the option of leaving him, both are afraid to do so. Are their wants the same as the Master's? Are they plotting with him to fulfill their own desires for a free Egypt? Or are they simply taking orders? Do Fikee and Romanelli want different things? Define each one's relationship with the Master, specifying their actions as evidence of your conclusion.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)