|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doyle find behind the locked door the beggar opens for him?
2. What did Horrabin and his men do to Dumb Tom outside the theater where he was begging?
3. What charges Benner and Doyle in the restaurant?
4. Who is the dwarf?
5. Who says, "Time is comparable to a river flowing under a layer of ice. It stretches us out like water weeds, from root to tip, from birth to death, curled around whatever rocks or snags happen to lie in our path; and no one can get out of the river because of the ice roof, and no one can turn back against the current for an instant?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is one of the ticketed customers escorted away before the time jump?
2. Doyle is watching Lord Byron drinking in a pub when he wakes up in very different circumstances. Describe what has happened to him.
3. Describe Jacky.
4. What happens when the time tourists arrive at the lecture?
5. What happens to Fairchild when Doyle first arrives at the beggar's house?
6. How does Doyle leave the gypsy camp?
7. Describe Skate Benjamin.
8. Describe Dumb Tom.
9. What sort of questions does Darrow ask Doyle during Doyle's interview?
10. What do Romanelli, Romany, and Horrabin do with the sick Lord Byron Romanelli is caring for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Horrabin's and Copenhagen Jack's leadership skills. Which beggar king is a more effective leader? Who is more respected? Who is more obeyed? Cite your examples.
Essay Topic 2
Doyle saves the ka of Lord Byron's life. He later discovers that the man he saved is not the true Lord Byron. Does Doyle value the life of kas as much as the life of the original person? If Doyle knew that Byron is a ka would he still save him? What actions of Doyle's lead to you think he would or would not?
Essay Topic 3
Fikee and Dr. Romanelli are the master's best lieutenants. When confronted with the option of leaving him, both are afraid to do so. Are their wants the same as the Master's? Are they plotting with him to fulfill their own desires for a free Egypt? Or are they simply taking orders? Do Fikee and Romanelli want different things? Define each one's relationship with the Master, specifying their actions as evidence of your conclusion.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)