|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Doyle and the brotherhood commandeer in order to follow Romany?
(a) Clown stilts.
(c) Full bed wagon.
(d) Boat on wheels.
2. Who follows the Lord Byron ka and Doyle?
(b) The Luck of the Surrey-side beggars.
(c) Dog Face Joe.
3. What is Doyle armed with when he and the brotherhood track Romany?
(b) Dueling pistols.
4. Hathi ______ Doyle when Doyle is begging in an Egyptian street.
5. What is perched above the clock in the Rat Castle's front room?
(a) Doll crowded shelf.
(b) Surgical Instruments.
(c) Collection of ears.
(d) Dungy's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Romany offer to the yags?
2. What does Jacky plan to do after talking to Ashbless?
3. Who is planning a mutiny at Rat's Castle when Doyle, Jacky, and Coleridge are being held captive there?
4. What is the name of Doyle's friend who convinces him to take his place for Mohammed Ali's banquet?
5. Dog Face Joe meets Claire Peabody when he is disguised as _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Romany change his plans when Lord Byron returns to the camp?
2. Under what circumstances do Romanelli and Horrabin meet?
3. Why is Doyle so calm while Romany and Romanelli have him captured?
4. What preparations has Doyle made in anticipation of his death?
5. What does Romany discover when he tries to trace where Doyle and the others from the 20th century came from?
6. Describe the yags.
7. What is the opium-drugged Coleridge's role in the climax in the underground tunnels of Rat Castle?
8. Who comes for Doyle when he is with the Lord Byron ka in their hotel room?
9. How does Doyle meet his Mameluke friend?
10. What becomes of the Master?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)