|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The setting of the prologue takes place six miles from which European city?
2. What did Horrabin and his men do to Dumb Tom outside the theater where he was begging?
(a) Rob him.
(b) Expose him as a fraud.
(c) Rescue him.
(d) Stab him.
3. Who does Doyle discover whistling the song he recognizes?
(a) The Luck of the Surrey-side beggars.
(d) Dog Face Joe.
4. What is the purpose of whistling the song?
(b) Recognition signal.
(d) Relaxation technique.
5. Who grabs Doyle's leg before Bugs can lead Doyle away?
(b) Skate Benjamin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the time tourists arrive at the lecture they discover it is ___________.
2. "Nobody is ever turned away from ____________."
3. What does Doyle try to sell at the fish market in Billingsgate?
4. When Jacky is tracking down Dog Face Joe, she barges into a house where she hears screaming. What does the man inside claim to have killed?
5. What is Fikee casting a spell to open?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dumb Tom.
2. How does Jacky react to Doyle's revelation that he traveled to England by magic?
3. What happens when Doyle is shot?
4. Describe the Master.
5. Describe the place where Horrabin and his beggars hold parliament.
6. Dumb Tom is successfully begging outside a theater. What interrupts him?
7. What happens after Doyle pays a beggar to take him to Horrabin?
8. Who is Doyle going to see before he is shot by men whistling a song from the future? What is his plan?
9. What happens to Fairchild when Doyle first arrives at the beggar's house?
10. Each passenger in Darrow's group wears a leather band that is called a hook. Describe what it is for and how it works.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)