|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Darrow's company?
2. Doyle has to ingest a large quantity of _________ to counteract the strychnine in his body.
(b) Cold Stew.
(d) Kiwi Fruit.
3. Who says, "Time is comparable to a river flowing under a layer of ice. It stretches us out like water weeds, from root to tip, from birth to death, curled around whatever rocks or snags happen to lie in our path; and no one can get out of the river because of the ice roof, and no one can turn back against the current for an instant?"
4. Who is the clown?
5. What does Bugs want from Doyle in exchange for taking Doyle to Horrabin?
(a) A shilling.
(b) A tuppence.
(c) Ten pennies.
(d) A peppermint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Romany do to mask Doyle's cry for help?
2. What did Horrabin and his men do to Dumb Tom outside the theater where he was begging?
3. Who rescues Doyle from a river after escaping the gypsy camp?
4. What is the purpose of whistling the song?
5. What do the beggar lords sit in at Horrabin's Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Doyle knows that other twentieth century men are after him. What he doesn't know at first, is why. Why are other men from Doyle's time trying to kill him?
2. What sort of questions does Darrow ask Doyle during Doyle's interview?
3. How does Jacky react to Doyle's revelation that he traveled to England by magic?
4. Describe Horrabin.
5. Doyle is watching Lord Byron drinking in a pub when he wakes up in very different circumstances. Describe what has happened to him.
6. Describe the place where Horrabin and his beggars hold parliament.
7. What do Romanelli, Romany, and Horrabin do with the sick Lord Byron Romanelli is caring for?
8. Describe Dumb Tom.
9. How does Jacky end up at the river where Doyle is being pursued?
10. Who says, "We'll write you a role, and then depending on what ... sacrifices you're willing to make, you can earn up to a pound a day," and what does the character mean?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)