|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are on the eggshells in the water?
(b) Little Mariners.
(d) Fishing nets.
2. What do the beggar lords sit in at Horrabin's Hall?
(d) Piles of ratty clothes.
3. What is Dungy's real name?
(d) Damnable Richard.
4. What does Doyle buy to disinfect his ear?
5. What does Doyle resort to after the costmonger's boat leaves him?
(a) Searching for the time gate.
(b) A newspaper staff position.
(d) Performing puppet shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darrow holding hostage from his men?
2. Who would Doyle rather have lunch with than Dog Face Joe?
3. Who is the first character introduced in the book?
4. "Nobody is ever turned away from ____________."
5. Who told Horrabin about Dumb Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Fikee after the experiment?
2. What happens to Fairchild when Doyle first arrives at the beggar's house?
3. Who is Doyle going to see before he is shot by men whistling a song from the future? What is his plan?
4. What happens when Doyle is shot?
5. Describe the Master.
6. Describe the place where Horrabin and his beggars hold parliament.
7. What is curious about the bullet shot at Doyle?
8. What do Romanelli, Romany, and Horrabin do with the sick Lord Byron Romanelli is caring for?
9. Dumb Tom is successfully begging outside a theater. What interrupts him?
10. Who says, "We'll write you a role, and then depending on what ... sacrifices you're willing to make, you can earn up to a pound a day," and what does the character mean?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)