|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doyle has to ingest a large quantity of _________ to counteract the strychnine in his body.
(b) Cold Stew.
(d) Kiwi Fruit.
2. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Fikee's wife.
(b) Doyle's wife.
(c) Darrow's assistant.
(d) A flight attendant.
3. Who says, "Time is comparable to a river flowing under a layer of ice. It stretches us out like water weeds, from root to tip, from birth to death, curled around whatever rocks or snags happen to lie in our path; and no one can get out of the river because of the ice roof, and no one can turn back against the current for an instant?"
4. What is Darrow holding hostage from his men?
(a) Dog Face Joe.
5. What job does Jacky get for Doyle at an inn?
(a) Shoveling horse manure.
(b) Delivering newspapers.
(c) Shining boots.
(d) Turning down beds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Ah, yes yes! Now into the river, Doyle--there's something I want to show you on the other side," as Doyle falls off the side of a carriage?
2. What did Horrabin and his men do to Dumb Tom outside the theater where he was begging?
3. What is the first time-specific thing Doyle sees after the time jump?
4. What is the name of Darrow's company?
5. Romany nearly burns which part of Doyle's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doyle leave the gypsy camp?
2. Why is Jacky looking for Dog Face Joe?
3. Dumb Tom is successfully begging outside a theater. What interrupts him?
4. Who is Doyle going to see before he is shot by men whistling a song from the future? What is his plan?
5. Doyle is watching Lord Byron drinking in a pub when he wakes up in very different circumstances. Describe what has happened to him.
6. Describe the place where Horrabin and his beggars hold parliament.
7. Who says, "We'll write you a role, and then depending on what ... sacrifices you're willing to make, you can earn up to a pound a day," and what does the character mean?
8. Describe Jacky.
9. What sort of questions does Darrow ask Doyle during Doyle's interview?
10. What happens when the time tourists arrive at the lecture?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)