|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is engaged to Claire Peabody?
(a) Dog Face Joe.
2. Who tells Jacky that Dog Face Joe could still be alive?
(d) Skate Benjamin.
3. What does Romany tell Wilbur to do when he discovers his plot to destroy England has failed?
(a) Stop Doyle.
(b) Turn the toy on.
(c) Sprinkle his blood on the fire.
(d) Kill the Lord Byron ka.
4. Where does Doyle reappear in 1810?
(a) The Crown and Anchor pub.
(b) Rat Castle.
(c) His hotel room.
(d) Romany's tent.
5. What does Romany use to communicate with the Master and with Romanelli?
(a) Small Anubis Statue.
6. Who is the Luck of the Surrey-side beggars?
7. What does Doyle try to break to convince the innkeeper to let him go after Romany?
(a) Table leg.
(c) Pewter mug.
(d) Duck bone.
8. What is Coleridge's reason for leaving John Murray's house?
(c) Muscle Cramp.
9. What distinctive clothing item do the members of the Antaeus Brotherhood wear?
(a) Tricorn hats.
(b) Boots with chains.
(c) Pierced Lapels.
(d) Double padded left hand gloves.
10. What is guarding the door to the Master's building?
(b) Wax men.
11. What happens to Romanelli's candle when he tries to contact Romany?
12. In 1684, Romany leads his pursuers, Doyle and the Antaeus Brotherhood, to what establishment?
(c) Printing Press.
13. Who is Dog Face Joe looking for at the Depilatory Parlor?
14. Romany brainwashes which character?
(a) Dog Face Joe.
(b) Damnable Richard.
(c) The Lord Byron ka.
15. What does Jacky hear as she is fighting with Darrow?
(a) Breaking window.
(b) Gun shot.
(c) Stilts on cobblestones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hathi ______ Doyle when Doyle is begging in an Egyptian street.
2. What happens to the gypsy camp after Doyle invades it?
3. What phenomenon is Romanelli stricken with?
4. How does Romany explain his appearance from the time gate?
5. Who is the cobbler Eshvlis?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)