|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Nobody is ever turned away from ____________."
(a) Horrabin's Hall.
(b) Pye Street Beggar House.
(d) Dr. Romany's Traveling Egyptian Fair.
2. What is Benner doing that prevents him from bringing the carriages?
(a) Watching two men from the window.
(b) Shaking hands with Coleridge.
(c) Shooting the gypsy carriage.
(d) Preventing a time tourist from entering into a trance.
3. What is Horrabin's father's name?
(c) Copenhagen Jack.
4. Doyle stays in a hotel after he is fired from the inn, where ________ is supposed to be staying.
(b) Dog Face Joe.
(d) Lord Byron.
5. Who shoots Fikee?
(a) An unnamed gypsy.
(d) The Master.
6. Doyle is hired as an expert of which poet?
7. What did Horrabin and his men do to Dumb Tom outside the theater where he was begging?
(a) Rob him.
(b) Rescue him.
(c) Expose him as a fraud.
(d) Stab him.
8. What are on the eggshells in the water?
(b) Fishing nets.
(d) Little Mariners.
9. What is Romany's honorary chair?
(c) High chair.
10. Doyle debates going inside the same pub he sees the whistler enter. Who encourages him to go inside?
(b) Lord Byron.
11. What wooden carving does Damnable Richard talk to?
12. Who says, "Time is comparable to a river flowing under a layer of ice. It stretches us out like water weeds, from root to tip, from birth to death, curled around whatever rocks or snags happen to lie in our path; and no one can get out of the river because of the ice roof, and no one can turn back against the current for an instant?"
13. Who captured Doyle at the inn, shortly to let him go?
(b) Damnable Richard.
(d) Copenhagen Jack.
14. When Jacky is tracking down Dog Face Joe, she barges into a house where she hears screaming. What does the man inside claim to have killed?
(b) Beggar lord.
15. Who does Doyle discover whistling the song he recognizes?
(b) Dog Face Joe.
(c) The Luck of the Surrey-side beggars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fikee casting a spell to open?
2. Romany nearly burns which part of Doyle's body?
3. In what city do Fikee and Romanelli receive their orders?
4. While Doyle's health is declining at the inn, he determines to confront ________ alone.
5. What is Dumb Tom gnawing on in the streets when he begs in front of the theater?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)