|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Doyle try to go when he's running from Horrabin?
(a) Pye Street Beggar House.
(b) The gypsy camp.
(c) The Crown and Anchor.
(d) London Bridge.
2. What are ushabtis?
(a) Ancient books.
(b) Magic spells.
(c) Traditional gypsy rolls.
(d) Wax statues of men.
3. What item did a woman give to Dumb Tom?
(c) Diamond earring.
(d) Gold Sovereign.
4. While Doyle's health is declining at the inn, he determines to confront ________ alone.
(b) Dog Face Joe.
5. What does Doyle buckle to his neck?
(b) Cigar from 1983.
(c) Rebecca's picture.
6. What does Doyle resort to after the costmonger's boat leaves him?
(a) A newspaper staff position.
(b) Searching for the time gate.
(c) Performing puppet shows.
7. What does Damnable Richard think Doyle is?
(a) A magician.
(b) A costermonger.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A gentleman.
8. What disguise does Jacky use to escape the Rat Castle?
(c) Ahmed the Hindoo.
(d) Colin Lepovre.
9. Who is the chubby man with long gray hair standing with the tavern manager?
10. Where does Doyle meet Copenhagen Jack?
(b) Pye Street Beggar House.
(c) The Thames.
(d) Horrabin's Hall.
11. What is Benner holding in the carriage?
(a) A sextant.
(b) A sword.
(c) The Book of Thoth.
(d) A pistol.
12. Who do Fikee and Romany work for?
(c) The Master.
13. What does Doyle have that makes him appear consumptive?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) Bloody handkerchiefs.
(d) Festering sores.
14. What song does Doyle hear someone whistling in the street?
(a) Londonderry Air.
(b) Danny Boy.
15. Doyle stays in a hotel after he is fired from the inn, where ________ is supposed to be staying.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Dog Face Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benner want Doyle to do when they meet for the second time in 1810?
2. Who is Doyle waiting for in the Jamaica Coffee House?
3. What is Horrabin's father's name?
4. Where do the time tourists claim to be from?
5. What is Jacky's real first name?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)