|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damnable Richard think Doyle is?
(a) A magician.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A costermonger.
(d) A ghost.
2. "Nobody is ever turned away from ____________."
(b) Dr. Romany's Traveling Egyptian Fair.
(c) Pye Street Beggar House.
(d) Horrabin's Hall.
3. When Doyle and Romany emerge from the time gate in 1684, where do they land?
(a) Wheeled boat.
(b) London Bridge.
4. What was ether used for?
(a) To open the time gate.
(b) To make Doyle unconscious.
(c) A spell to track the time travelers.
(d) To clean the banquet table.
5. Who does Doyle discover whistling the song he recognizes?
(b) Dog Face Joe.
(c) The Luck of the Surrey-side beggars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the beggar known as Bugs trying to sell?
2. What is Doyle armed with when he and the brotherhood track Romany?
3. What position does Darrow really hire Benner for?
4. What is the name of Darrow's company?
5. What excuse does Lord Byron use to leave the pub?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)