|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 and Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doyle make while imprisoned in a boat?
(a) Beer cup.
(b) Antidote for Dog Face Joe.
(c) Wooden dagger.
(d) Book of poetry.
2. Who first discovers Doyle after he reappears in 1810 and does not recognize him?
(a) the Luck of the Surrey-side beggars.
(c) Damnable Richard.
3. Who says, "Time is comparable to a river flowing under a layer of ice. It stretches us out like water weeds, from root to tip, from birth to death, curled around whatever rocks or snags happen to lie in our path; and no one can get out of the river because of the ice roof, and no one can turn back against the current for an instant?"
4. What does the Lord Byron ka leave on Doyle's papers?
(a) Grease smudges.
(b) Candle Wax.
(c) Anubis Paperweight.
(d) Glass of brandy.
5. What feminine accessory is Dog Face Joe wearing to conceal his identity?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Doyle's wife die?
2. What is Jacky's real first name?
3. What do Doyle and the Egyptian men hide the cannon under?
4. What does Doyle have that makes him appear consumptive?
5. What did Horrabin and his men do to Dumb Tom outside the theater where he was begging?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)