|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Copenhagen Jack tell Doyle to be?
(b) Dumb Tom.
(c) Dog Face Joe.
2. What is the beggar known as Bugs trying to sell?
(b) Nothing, he's begging.
3. Who grabs Doyle's leg before Bugs can lead Doyle away?
(a) Skate Benjamin.
4. What does Doyle say he sees behind their carriage on the way to the lecture?
(a) A clown.
(c) A conestoga wagon.
(d) The time gate.
5. Who rescues Doyle from a river after escaping the gypsy camp?
(b) Damnable Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was ether used for?
2. What does Doyle carve for dinner at the Pye Street Beggar House?
3. Doyle finds a journal in Darrow's possession with a record of the capture of a legendary London murderer. What was the murderer popularly believed to be?
4. Who says, "Time is comparable to a river flowing under a layer of ice. It stretches us out like water weeds, from root to tip, from birth to death, curled around whatever rocks or snags happen to lie in our path; and no one can get out of the river because of the ice roof, and no one can turn back against the current for an instant?"
5. What are ushabtis?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)