|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season of the year do harvester ants struggle with "triple crunch"?
2. How long should vials used for preservation be?
(a) 65 mm.
(b) 75 mm.
(c) 85 mm.
(d) 55 mm.
3. Where was Wilson heading when he was desperately trying to get a hold of Le Pouce to perform a specialized predator field study?
(d) Phnom Penh.
4. What is the most effective way for ants to subdue their prey?
(a) Strong mandibles.
(b) Pinning with antennae.
(c) Wrestling with legs.
(d) Poisonous stingers.
5. Which of the following scientists used to preserve ants in vodka?
6. Which of the following countries is the Eciton Burchelli army ant NOT found?
7. What shape does an ant garden typically take?
8. Which of the following insects are harvested in "ranches" by ants?
9. What is the main component of a weaver ant's nest?
10. Which of the following body parts are NOT affected by formicosis?
11. What is another word for myrmecophile?
12. Which of the following is NOT part of mutualism within ant-plant symbiosis?
(a) Ant parasites.
13. Which of the following is another name for fungus growing ants?
(a) Labidus Praedator.
14. How long can ants be stored in alcohol?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
15. How many species of ants were represented in the ant mosaic of Queensland, Australia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of symbiosis does NOT deal with nest sharing?
2. Where does "the ultimate parasite" Teleutomyrmex schneideri live?
3. What does a "true ectoparasite" feed off?
4. How is dulosis defined?
5. Which of the following scientists was NOT involved in the study of hierarchical competition?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)