|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 The Fungus Growers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was the first scientist to discuss kin selection in ants?
2. What is the focus of the Ergonomic Stage of an ant colony?
(a) Colony preservation.
(b) Colony growth.
(c) Colony disbursement.
(d) Colony foundation.
3. During his studies in Louisiana, what system did Moser find ant fungus growing ant nests?
(a) Ventilation systems.
(b) Hydration systems.
(c) Plumbing systems.
(d) Transportation systems.
4. What happens to the offspring of a queen when she is forced into a polygyny society?
(a) She will no longer produce offspring.
(b) The number of her offspring decreases.
(c) The number of her offspring increases.
(d) The number of her offspring is unaffected.
5. What are bead glands also known as?
(a) Diamond bodies.
(b) Emerald bodies.
(c) Pearl bodies.
(d) Gold bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the following activities is communication most important within an ant colony?
2. How long does it take a foreign ant to produce a new colony odor?
3. What does the red ant, Proceratium, forage for?
4. Which of the following is NOT a caste within ant colonies?
5. Which of the following is NOT a method of communication used by ant species?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)