|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 The Fungus Growers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of insects uses kin recognition similar to ants?
(d) Honey bees.
2. From what gland do ants lay odor trails leading to food sources?
(a) Metapleural gland.
(b) Maxillary gland.
(c) Dufour gland.
(d) Propharyngeal gland.
3. How long is the desert ant's life expectancy?
(a) 36 days.
(b) 16 days.
(c) 26 days.
(d) 6 days.
4. How old is the oldest ant fossil found to date?
(a) 8 million years old.
(b) 800 million years old.
(c) 18 million years old.
(d) 80 million years old.
5. In the prey chart listed on pages 559-561, where are all species of thief ants found?
(a) New Guinea.
(b) Southwestern United States.
(c) Tropical Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many queens are present in a Monogyny ant colony?
2. During his studies in Louisiana, what system did Moser find ant fungus growing ant nests?
3. Which of the following scientists told the amusing anecdote about ants that stripped a garden overnight?
4. In what part of the ant's anatomy are the unicellular glands?
5. Which of the following activities did Huber mistakenly think was play among ant species?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)