|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 The Fungus Growers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a ways Wilson describes foreign ants being treated?
(a) They are accepted, but withheld food.
(b) They are pestered with constant nipping and leg pulling.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are forced to lock mandibles in a dual.
2. Which of the following insects is most detrimental to ant populations?
3. Which of the following are used by worker ants to stimulate new larvae growth?
4. How are alien species treated when they enter the nest?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are welcomed.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) They are forced out.
5. How many times their own body weight do Idaho harvester ants retrieve during their lifetime?
(a) Twice their body weight.
(b) 200 times their body weight.
(c) 20 times their body weight.
(d) 2000 times their body weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following tasks is NOT a concern for minor workers?
2. For which of the following activities is communication most important within an ant colony?
3. During trophallaxis communication, what is exchanged between individuals?
4. Of all the landscapes explored in the opening of this novel, which landscape has the highest density of ants per hectare?
5. How old is the oldest ant fossil found to date?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)