|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 Symbioses Between Ants and Plants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the study completed in 1984, what other function do the odor glands fulfill in ant colonies?
(a) Nesting map.
(b) Enemy alarm.
(c) Food storage.
(d) Water preservation.
2. Which of the following types of symbiosis does NOT deal with nest sharing?
3. Where do sweat bees primarily burrow?
(b) Near water.
(c) In garbage dumps.
(d) In trees.
4. Which of the following ants are considered most altruistic?
(a) Male drone workers.
5. Which of the following is NOT a group of insects?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did scientist Santschi find that ants follow, during his experiment in 1911?
2. During what era did Crozier argue that scientists should not "discard kin selection in favor of parental manipulation" altering the way most scientists deal with kin selection?
3. During trophallaxis communication, what is exchanged between individuals?
4. What type of hierarchy does Wilson use to describe an ant colony?
5. Which of the following is NOT an example of ritualized communication?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)