|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 Symbioses Between Ants and Plants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are bead glands also known as?
(a) Gold bodies.
(b) Diamond bodies.
(c) Emerald bodies.
(d) Pearl bodies.
2. Which of the following ant hormones is found in many vegetable oils?
(a) Lasius Niger.
3. Which of the following is NOT a segment in an ant's body?
(a) The alitrunk.
(b) The petiole.
(c) The kampf.
(d) The gaster.
4. What does a "true ectoparasite" feed off?
5. How long do Idaho harvester ants typically live after they begin foraging?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes an ant colony's maintenance by self-regulation?
2. Which of the following worlds does Wilson claim that ants run?
3. What is the scientific name for the first generation of workers?
4. Which of the following groups of ants is most likely to eat a dead nest mate?
5. What differentiates aldates from other ants in a colony?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)