|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 Symbioses Between Ants and Plants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first stage in ant colony development?
(a) The Reproductive Stage.
(b) The Founding Stage.
(c) The Ergonomic Stage.
(d) The Virgin Stage.
2. What are gamergates?
(a) Sterile female ants.
(b) Female larvae.
(c) All young female ants.
(d) Fertile female ants.
3. Which of the following is NOT a type of symbiosis found in ant species?
4. Which of the following activities did Huber mistakenly think was play among ant species?
5. How are alien species treated when they enter the nest?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are welcomed.
(c) They are forced out.
(d) They are killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the first scientist to discuss kin selection in ants?
2. On which part of the host ant's body do Coxequesomidae mites live?
3. Which of the following is NOT a concern for major workers?
4. Which of the following is NOT a factor distracting from optimal foraging within an ant colony?
5. In what country did scientists Vepsalainen and Pisarski devise a three-tiered classification for hierarchical competition?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)