|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Colony Life Cycle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the Amazon rainforest is composed of ants and other insects?
(a) All of it.
2. What differentiates aldates from other ants in a colony?
(c) Reproductive organs.
(d) Long antennae.
3. Which of the following is NOT part of an ant's head?
(a) The median seta.
(b) The mesothoracic spiracle.
(c) The lateral setae.
(d) The clypeal carina.
4. What is morphogenesis?
(a) The procedure through which embryos become adults.
(b) The procedure through which folic acid becomes nitrogen.
(c) The procedure through which eggs are fertilized.
(d) The procedure through which cells divide.
5. What species of ant carries large quantities of freshly cut vegetation into underground nests as deep as six meters?
(b) Solenopsis Invicta.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university were radioactive ants found in the 1960s?
2. What is the colloquial name for the ant species "Paratrechina longicornis"?
3. Which of the following is NOT a category that authors Holldobler and Wilson claim to be extremely complex in ant colonies?
4. Which of the following procedures is NOT altered when an individual undergoes sociogenesis?
5. Which of the following elements was brought by ants to the Amazon rainforest?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)