|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Queen Numbers and Domination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many queen ants do the Formica Yessensis of Japan have in one colony?
(a) Millions of queens.
(b) One queen.
(c) Thousands of queens.
(d) Hundreds of queens.
2. Which of the following is NOT a genus of ant that participates in polygyny?
3. Which of the following is NOT part of an ant's head?
(a) The lateral setae.
(b) The mesothoracic spiracle.
(c) The clypeal carina.
(d) The median seta.
4. How long does it take a foreign ant to produce a new colony odor?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 40 days.
(d) 5 days.
5. Which of the following scientists was the first to discover the glandular source of colony odor?
(c) Vander Meer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the oldest ant fossil found to date?
2. How many times their own body weight do Idaho harvester ants retrieve during their lifetime?
3. How long do Idaho harvester ants typically live after they begin foraging?
4. What is morphogenesis?
5. Which of the following procedures is NOT altered when an individual undergoes sociogenesis?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)