|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Queen Numbers and Domination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What differentiates aldates from other ants in a colony?
(b) Reproductive organs.
(d) Long antennae.
2. How do most Idaho harvester ants die?
(a) Genetic disease.
(b) Fighting with other ant colonies.
3. How many queen ants do the Formica Yessensis of Japan have in one colony?
(a) Thousands of queens.
(b) One queen.
(c) Hundreds of queens.
(d) Millions of queens.
4. How long do Idaho harvester ants typically live after they begin foraging?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two months.
5. How many life cycle stages do all ant colonies go through?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what continent is there a species of ants that can explode their abdomens in a suicidal attempt to entrap their predators?
2. Which of the following is NOT a theory associated with sociobiology?
3. What happens when a queen ant is found to be infertile?
4. Which of the following was the first scientist to discuss kin selection in ants?
5. What is considered the final stage of a mature ant colony?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)