|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 The Army Ants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a genus of ant that participates in polygyny?
2. What part of their body do army ants link to create a chain, or barrier?
(a) Their legs.
(b) Their heads.
(c) Their antennae.
(d) Their abdomens.
3. During what decade did scientists begin to focus on competition within community organization?
4. What month of the year is considered the "nuptial flight" month for ant species?
5. According to Pisarski's classification, what tier of workers will fight with alien workers?
(a) All tiers will fight alien workers.
(b) Tier 2.
(c) Tier 3.
(d) Tier 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a queen ant is found to be infertile?
2. How many queen ants do the Formica Yessensis of Japan have in one colony?
3. What does the term "army ant" relate to?
4. What is the fastest way to increase the size of an ant colony?
5. What happens in during pleometriosis?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)