|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Williamson advocate for the term length on the election or appointment of the executive?
2. What did "Federal Farmer" complain about in his second letter?
3. What method of ratification did Oliver Ellsworth advocate?
4. What does James Madison argue on the question of suffrage?
5. What did opponents to the suffrage limitation argue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the paradox that a government needs to be strong in order to protect the people from the government itself. How was this notion handled by the delegates at the Constitutional Convention? What allowances were made so that the government was neither too strong nor too weak? What allowances were made to protect individual freedom?
Essay Topic 2
How were populous states and small states treated differently by the Constitutional Convention? What issues divided them, and how did they balance their interests in the national government?
Essay Topic 3
Who is articulating the Anti-Federalist platform today? Compare and contrast Anti-Federalists today and Anti-Federalists of the 1780s.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)