|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of ratification did Oliver Ellsworth advocate?
2. What did "Federal Farmer" see as a danger in the Constitution?
3. What compromise did the Northeast states reach with Georgia and South Carolina over slavery?
4. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
2. What was the Constitutional Convention's debate over the slave trade, and how was it resolved?
3. What did Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island recommend after their ratification conventions?
4. What were the proposals for the requirements for citizenship?
5. What did "Brutus" argue on the problem of representation in a large country?
6. What was Mr. Mason's objection to the Constitution?
7. How did the signing of the Constitution go?
8. What did the dissenters say after losing the ratification vote in the Pennsylvania convention?
9. What positions did the delegates take on the election of the executive?
10. What was dropped from the draft of the Constitution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. What are the main differences? What similarities survived the Constitutional Convention, and why did they survive?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Constitutional Convention protect states' rights? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's protection of the states.
Essay Topic 3
How did the delegates at the Constitutional Convention ensure separation of powers? What measures within the ratified Constitution created the checks and balances that would ensure separation of powers?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)