|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Wilson argue concerning the question of taxation?
2. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
3. Who was "Brutus"?
4. What did "Federal Farmer" see as a danger in the Constitution?
5. What did "Centinel" argue on the danger of checks and balances?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mr. Mason's objection to the Constitution?
2. Describe James Wilson's speech.
3. What was DeWitt's position on ratification?
4. What did Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island recommend after their ratification conventions?
5. What was John DeWitt's argument regarding the will of the people?
6. What was the Constitutional Convention's debate over the slave trade, and how was it resolved?
7. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
8. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
9. What was added to the draft of the Constitution?
10. Describe Patrick Henry's first speech to the Virginia legislature.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Constitutional Convention protect states' rights? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's protection of the states.
Essay Topic 2
How did the delegates at the Constitutional Convention ensure separation of powers? What measures within the ratified Constitution created the checks and balances that would ensure separation of powers?
Essay Topic 3
Who is articulating the Anti-Federalist platform today? Compare and contrast Anti-Federalists today and Anti-Federalists of the 1780s.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)