|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was "Brutus"?
2. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
3. What did "Federal Farmer" argue regarding the separation of powers?
4. What did "Brutus" say was the danger of a standing army?
5. What did Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island propose during their ratification discussions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Patrick Henry's first speech to the Virginia legislature.
2. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
3. What did "Brutus" argue concerning standing armies?
4. What was dropped from the draft of the Constitution?
5. What position did "Centinel" take regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
6. What did Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island recommend after their ratification conventions?
7. What was added to the draft of the Constitution?
8. Who objected to the Constitution and why did they object?
9. Describe Patrick Henry's second speech to the Virginia legislature.
10. What were the proposals for the requirements for citizenship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. What themes are constant between the two documents? What are the main differences? What themes survived the war and the Articles of Confederation?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. What are the main differences? What similarities survived the Constitutional Convention, and why did they survive?
Essay Topic 3
How was the Bill of Rights created? Why was it not included in the original draft of the Constitution? Who called for it, and how was it arrived at? How did it change the nature of the Constitution?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)