|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Brutus" say about the danger of trying to govern a large area?
2. What did "Brutus" say was the danger of a standing army?
3. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the federal judiciary should not have?
4. Who was the "Federal Farmer"?
5. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was DeWitt's position on ratification?
2. Describe Patrick Henry's first speech to the Virginia legislature.
3. What position did "Centinel" take regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
4. What did the dissenters say after losing the ratification vote in the Pennsylvania convention?
5. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
6. What was at issue as delegates debated the qualifications for suffrage?
7. What were the "Federal Farmer's" arguments regarding ratification?
8. What were the proposals for the requirements for citizenship?
9. What were the different views on the question of ratification of the Constitution?
10. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. What are the main differences? What similarities survived the Constitutional Convention, and why did they survive?
Essay Topic 2
Who is articulating the Anti-Federalist platform today? Compare and contrast Anti-Federalists today and Anti-Federalists of the 1780s.
Essay Topic 3
How were populous states and small states treated differently by the Constitutional Convention? What issues divided them, and how did they balance their interests in the national government?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)