|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
2. What did "Federal Farmer" say the current Constitution would lead to?
3. What reason did Alexander Hamilton give for ratification of the Constitution?
4. What did James Wilson argue concerning the question of taxation?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who objected to the Constitution and why did they object?
2. What position did "Centinel" take regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
3. What was John DeWitt's argument regarding the will of the people?
4. What were the different views on the question of ratification of the Constitution?
5. What did "Brutus" argue on the problem of representation in a large country?
6. What was added to the draft of the Constitution?
7. What was dropped from the draft of the Constitution?
8. What did Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island recommend after their ratification conventions?
9. What positions did the delegates take on the election of the executive?
10. What was James Madison's position on the election of the executive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Constitution change between its first draft after being compiled, and the final draft that was ratified by the states?
Essay Topic 2
How was the Bill of Rights created? Why was it not included in the original draft of the Constitution? Who called for it, and how was it arrived at? How did it change the nature of the Constitution?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. What are the main differences? What similarities survived the Constitutional Convention, and why did they survive?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)