|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
2. What did "Brutus" say was the danger of a standing army?
3. Who was DeWitt in reality?
4. What did Virginia propose in its ratification process?
5. What was DeWitt arguing against in his essays?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did "Brutus" argue on the problem of representation in a large country?
2. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
3. Describe James Wilson's speech.
4. Who objected to the Constitution and why did they object?
5. What position did "Centinel" take regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
6. What did the dissenters say after losing the ratification vote in the Pennsylvania convention?
7. What were the proposals for the requirements for citizenship?
8. Describe Patrick Henry's first speech to the Virginia legislature.
9. What was John DeWitt's argument regarding the will of the people?
10. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What values and what practical considerations were written into the Constitution regarding the election of government officials? How did the current electoral system evolve from the first debates through the draft Constitution and then the ratification process? What were the dominant arguments on either side of the debate, and whose values were ultimately written into the Constitution?
Essay Topic 2
Who is articulating the Anti-Federalist platform today? Compare and contrast Anti-Federalists today and Anti-Federalists of the 1780s.
Essay Topic 3
How was the Bill of Rights created? Why was it not included in the original draft of the Constitution? Who called for it, and how was it arrived at? How did it change the nature of the Constitution?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)