|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Federal Farmer" argue regarding the separation of powers?
2. What position did "Federal Farmer" take concerning the Constitution?
3. Which delegate expressed his regrets about not signing the Constitution?
4. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
5. What did opponents to the suffrage limitation argue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the dissenters say after losing the ratification vote in the Pennsylvania convention?
2. What was added to the draft of the Constitution?
3. What position did "Centinel" take regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
4. Describe James Wilson's speech.
5. What was the Constitutional Convention's debate over the slave trade, and how was it resolved?
6. What were the different views on the question of ratification of the Constitution?
7. What did "Brutus" argue on the problem of representation in a large country?
8. What were the proposals for the requirements for citizenship?
9. What was John DeWitt's argument regarding the will of the people?
10. How did the signing of the Constitution go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the Bill of Rights created? Why was it not included in the original draft of the Constitution? Who called for it, and how was it arrived at? How did it change the nature of the Constitution?
Essay Topic 2
How was the Constitution changed by the ratification process? What was added? What was taken away? How did this affect the balance of powers between the states and the federal government?
Essay Topic 3
How did the delegates at the Constitutional Convention ensure separation of powers? What measures within the ratified Constitution created the checks and balances that would ensure separation of powers?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)