|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Federal Farmer" say the framers of the Constitution ultimately wanted?
2. What alternative did "Federal Farmer" propose in his first letter?
3. What did Virginia propose in its ratification process?
4. How did James Wilson address the absence of a Bill of Rights?
5. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
Essay Topic 1
How did the delegates at the Constitutional Convention ensure separation of powers? What measures within the ratified Constitution created the checks and balances that would ensure separation of powers?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Constitutional Convention protect states' rights? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's protection of the states.
Essay Topic 3
James Madison argued that the government needed wise and virtuous leaders. Debate whether a politician needs to have personal wisdom and virtue, or whether the state can use their talents regardless of their personal qualities so long as they are good leaders.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)