|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Federal Farmer" complain about in his second letter?
2. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
3. What was the Pennsylvania dissenters' primary objection to the Constitution?
4. What did Virginia propose in its ratification process?
5. What symbol did Benjamin Franklin remark on, on the President's chair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who objected to the Constitution and why did they object?
2. What was Mr. Mason's objection to the Constitution?
3. What was at issue as delegates debated the qualifications for suffrage?
4. What did the dissenters say after losing the ratification vote in the Pennsylvania convention?
5. What were the different views on the question of ratification of the Constitution?
6. What was dropped from the draft of the Constitution?
7. What did "Brutus" argue on the problem of representation in a large country?
8. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
9. How did the signing of the Constitution go?
10. Describe Patrick Henry's second speech to the Virginia legislature.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the Constitution changed by the ratification process? What was added? What was taken away? How did this affect the balance of powers between the states and the federal government?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the opposition to the ratification of the Constitution. What were the objections to the ratification of the Constitution? How unified were the opponents of ratification?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. What themes are constant between the two documents? What are the main differences? What themes survived the war and the Articles of Confederation?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)