|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
2. What did Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island propose during their ratification discussions?
3. Who was the "Federal Farmer"?
4. What did James Wilson argue regarding the abolition of trial by jury at the federal level?
5. How did Benjamin Franklin interpret the symbol on the President's chair?
Essay Topic 1
Who is articulating the Anti-Federalist platform today? Compare and contrast Anti-Federalists today and Anti-Federalists of the 1780s.
Essay Topic 2
How did the delegates at the Constitutional Convention ensure separation of powers? What measures within the ratified Constitution created the checks and balances that would ensure separation of powers?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Constitutional Convention establish a strong federal government? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's centralization of power in the federal government.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)