Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
2. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
3. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
4. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
5. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
Essay Topic 1
Delegates and other leaders published articles for and against ratification after the Constitutional Convention, and they used pen names that were often shared between authors. Why did delegates use pen names, and how was the debate affected by authors hiding themselves behind pseudonyms?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Constitution change between its first draft after being compiled, and the final draft that was ratified by the states?
Essay Topic 3
Which of the later amendments to the Constitution were anticipated by delegates and critics of the Constitution during the ratification process? Describe the political and historical context that finally brought about the amendment. Why was 1787 the wrong time for the amendment?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)