|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
2. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
3. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
4. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
5. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
Essay Topic 1
How did the Constitutional Convention protect states' rights? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's protection of the states.
Essay Topic 2
Delegates and other leaders published articles for and against ratification after the Constitutional Convention, and they used pen names that were often shared between authors. Why did delegates use pen names, and how was the debate affected by authors hiding themselves behind pseudonyms?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Constitutional Convention establish a strong federal government? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's centralization of power in the federal government.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)