|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was James Wilson calling for in his speech to the Pennsylvania legislature?
2. What did Mr. Pinckney think about slavery?
3. What limitation did delegates try to place on suffrage?
4. What method of ratification did Oliver Ellsworth advocate?
5. What did "Brutus" say about the danger of trying to govern a large area?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Delegates and other leaders published articles for and against ratification after the Constitutional Convention, and they used pen names that were often shared between authors. Why did delegates use pen names, and how was the debate affected by authors hiding themselves behind pseudonyms?
Essay Topic 2
How was the Bill of Rights created? Why was it not included in the original draft of the Constitution? Who called for it, and how was it arrived at? How did it change the nature of the Constitution?
Essay Topic 3
The Great Compromise created the bicameral legislature. How else did the practice of compromise affect the drafting and ratification of the Constitution? What issues were ultimately compromised on? What issues were not?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)