|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Brutus" say about the danger of trying to govern a large area?
2. What did "Brutus" argue in his letters?
3. What does James Madison argue on the question of suffrage?
4. What did James Wilson argue regarding the abolition of trial by jury at the federal level?
5. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
Essay Topic 1
How were populous states and small states treated differently by the Constitutional Convention? What issues divided them, and how did they balance their interests in the national government?
Essay Topic 2
What was the heart of the opposition between Federalists and Anti-federalists? Using three or four key issues, describe the fundamental differences between Federalists and Anti-federalists.
Essay Topic 3
How did the Constitution change between its first draft after being compiled, and the final draft that was ratified by the states?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)