Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
2. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
3. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
4. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
5. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
Essay Topic 1
How did the Constitutional Convention establish a strong federal government? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's centralization of power in the federal government.
Essay Topic 2
As the delegates were ready to sign the Constitution, Mr. Gerry and Mr. Mason both made objections and predicted dire consequences if the Constitution gave too much power to the federal government. Have their predictions come true? Have their concerns been borne out?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. What are the main differences? What similarities survived the Constitutional Convention, and why did they survive?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)