Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
2. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
3. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
4. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
5. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
James Madison argued that the government needed wise and virtuous leaders. Debate whether a politician needs to have personal wisdom and virtue, or whether the state can use their talents regardless of their personal qualities so long as they are good leaders.
The Great Compromise created the bicameral legislature. How else did the practice of compromise affect the drafting and ratification of the Constitution? What issues were ultimately compromised on? What issues were not?
How did the delegates at the Constitutional Convention ensure separation of powers? What measures within the ratified Constitution created the checks and balances that would ensure separation of powers?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)