Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many delegates signed the Constitution?
(a) All but twenty-three.
(b) All but thirteen.
(c) All but three.
(d) All of them.
2. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
(a) Direct democracy.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) A strong military.
3. What did James Wilson argue regarding the abolition of trial by jury at the federal level?
(a) He said that there would not be many cases where this applied.
(b) He said it was not a general problem.
(c) He said that trial by military tribunal was just as fair.
(d) He said that it would be compensated by strong protections at the state level.
4. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
(a) To give the people freedom of speech.
(b) To expand the government's ability to tax.
(c) To give the states the right to appoint politicians.
(d) To give the people the right to bear arms.
5. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
2. What resolution was ultimately adopted?
3. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
4. What did Mr. Sherman advocate about executive veto power?
5. What did "Brutus" argue in his letters?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)