Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) He said that delegates were understating the ease with which people assimilate into American culture.
(b) He said that delegates were opening the floodgates to a tide of poor workers by opening restrictions on immigration.
(c) He said that delegates were cutting off sources of new talent by limiting immigration.
(d) He said that delegates were exaggerating the threat of European immigration.
2. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
(a) Tax intra-state commerce.
(b) Support a Supreme Court.
(c) Maintain a standing army.
(d) Regulate slavery.
3. What compromise did the Northeast states reach with Georgia and South Carolina over slavery?
(a) That northern states will not regulate slavery for fifty years, if southern states will abolish it themselves in that time.
(b) New England would not restrict slavery if the southern states will not require 2/3 majority to pass commercial restrictions.
(c) That northern states will legalize slavery if southern states will prohibit importation of slaves.
(d) Northern states will regulate slavery if southern states will have lower tariffs on exported raw materials.
4. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the federal judiciary should not have?
(a) The power to oversee the executive.
(b) The power to amend executive orders.
(c) The power to amend taxes.
(d) The power to change state laws.
5. What compromise did Mr. Gerry want to reject regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) The Missouri Compromise.
(b) The compromise over slavery.
(c) The three-fifths compromise.
(d) The Great Compromise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Great Compromise?
2. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
3. What compromise did this body propose, between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
4. What method of ratification did Mason and Madison advocate?
5. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)