Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison recommend for the appointment of Supreme Court Justices?
(a) That appointments be susceptible to two-thirds vote override by the Congress.
(b) That appointments be beyond contest.
(c) That judges should be elected.
(d) That judges should be appointed for seven-year terms.
2. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
(a) Whether state laws could govern inter-state trade.
(b) Whether state laws could set precedent for federal laws.
(c) Whether the federal government could control state laws.
(d) Whether the states could allow the death penalty.
3. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
(a) The states could hold the federal government hostage with no votes.
(b) The states could sink the ratification process.
(c) The federal government would be powerless without unanimous ratification.
(d) The states might not act in the national interest.
4. Where else did the question of proposing limitations arise, besides the debate over suffrage?
(a) Qualifications for traveling abroad.
(b) Qualifications for owning property.
(c) Qualifications for holding office.
(d) Requirements for serving in the military.
5. What did the convention call for on July 26?
(a) A vote on ratification.
(b) Proposals for executive term limits.
(c) A committee to resolve the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey plan.
(d) A committee to write a draft of the agreed-upon points.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
2. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
3. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
4. What did Mr. Hamilton argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
5. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)