|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of a strong federal government.
(b) The value of independent states.
(c) The value of low tariffs.
(d) The value of abolishing slavery.
2. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
(a) It was rejected as too aristocratic.
(b) It was tabled to be voted on later.
(c) It was killed in committee.
(d) It was rejected as impractical.
3. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
(a) A standing army.
(b) An executive-for-life.
(c) A Supreme Court.
(d) Regulation of slavery.
4. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
(a) Big businesses.
(c) The government itself.
(d) Foreign influence.
5. What plan did James Madison favor?
(a) An isolationist plan.
(b) A state-centric plan.
(c) A diplomatic plan.
(d) A federal plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
2. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
3. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
4. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
5. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)