Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted think would be the consequence of adopting the proposal?
(a) That the states would lose tax income to the federal government.
(b) That states would work by region to set their own laws and standards.
(c) That the states would have to band together to oppose the government.
(d) That the states would be eradicated.
2. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to conduct war.
(b) Executive power.
(c) The power to amend the Articles.
(d) The power to regulate foreign trade.
3. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
(a) Giving populous states too much influence.
(b) Increasing the federal government's power.
(c) Isolating America in the international community.
(d) Giving the states too much independence.
4. How did the New Jersey Plan resolve the question of the relationship of state laws to federal laws?
(a) State laws could still take precedence.
(b) Congressional laws were still the law of the land.
(c) The Supreme Court would decide on a state-by-state basis which laws took precedence.
(d) It gave the states priority in matters of trade, but the federal government priority in military matters.
5. Who was particularly concerned about the Virginia Plan?
(a) Southern states.
(b) Small states.
(c) Populous states.
(d) Large states.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
2. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
3. What did delegates debate on June 6?
4. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
5. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)