Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) As a stepping stone.
(b) As a duty.
(c) As an entitlement.
(d) As a privilege.
2. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) Short presidential terms.
(b) A central coordinating committee.
(c) A charismatic leader.
(d) A dispassionate umpire.
3. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
(a) They thought it would limit the influence of the executive.
(b) They thought it would make for debate that is more dignified.
(c) They thought it would make Senators more intimate and therefore more willing to compromise.
(d) They thought it would give the large states fair representation.
4. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
(b) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
(c) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
(d) Whether government officers should receive pay.
5. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(b) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
(c) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(d) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
2. What was the Great Compromise?
3. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
4. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
5. What did delegates debate on June 6?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)