|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Federal Convention of 1787, Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
(a) The election of Senators.
(b) The appointment of judges.
(c) The election of the President.
(d) The election of the House of Representatives.
2. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
(d) State-to-state trade.
3. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Discard them.
(b) Fix their flaws.
(c) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(d) Ratify them in Virginia.
4. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
(a) The populace needed power but they also needed to be checked.
(b) Representation should be the one fully democratic part of government.
(c) Democracy was dangerous for a country without precedents.
(d) The people could not be trusted to govern themselves.
5. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
(a) The Great Compromise.
(b) The Virginia Plan.
(c) The New Jersey Plan.
(d) Articles of Confederation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
2. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
3. What position did "Publius" advocate?
4. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
5. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)