Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
(b) They would therefore be men of character.
(c) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
(d) They would already know the laws.
2. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Appointment by the President.
(b) Election by the people.
(c) Election of Senators by Senators.
(d) Election by state legislatures.
3. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
(a) They thought it would make Senators more intimate and therefore more willing to compromise.
(b) They thought it would give the large states fair representation.
(c) They thought it would make for debate that is more dignified.
(d) They thought it would limit the influence of the executive.
4. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
(a) To cater to the states' needs.
(b) To limit the independence of the federal government.
(c) To avoid dissension.
(d) To reduce the federal government's power.
5. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
(a) That it did not protect the states enough.
(b) That it did not give the executive too much power.
(c) That it diminished the power of the states.
(d) That it made the federal government too independent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
2. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
3. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
5. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)