|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that the convention was sacrificing justice for the small states.
(b) He felt that the convention was sacrificing large states to small states.
(c) He felt that the convention was sacrificing federalism to distributed power.
(d) He felt that the convention was striking the right balance.
2. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between ideals and practical applications.
(b) Between American and foreign power.
(c) Between federal and state power.
(d) Between East coast and southern power.
3. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that elections were not accurate indications of the country's needs.
(b) He felt that appointed leaders were better suited for the work of governing.
(c) He felt that popular participation would weaken government.
(d) He felt that majority rule alone could legitimize government.
4. What did James Madison argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
(a) He argued that the executive and the legislature should be kept separate.
(b) He argued that the Supreme Court should appoint the executive.
(c) He argued that the legislature should elect the executive.
(d) He argued that the legislature should appoint the executive.
5. What did the draft of the Constitution contain concerning slavery?
(a) The draft did not mention slavery explicitly.
(b) The draft prevented a tax or prohibition on slavery.
(c) The draft outlawed the domestic slave trade.
(d) The draft outlawed the importation of slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
2. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
3. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
4. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
5. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)