One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Ratification of the Constitution, Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James Madison argue on the question of suffrage?
(a) He thought that suffrage restrictions were a step toward monarchy.
(b) He thought that suffrage restrictions were regrettable but necessary.
(c) He thought that universal suffrage should triumph.
(d) He thought that universal suffrage would ruin the government.
2. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
(a) A Supreme Court.
(b) Regulation of slavery.
(c) An executive-for-life.
(d) A standing army.
3. Where else did the question of proposing limitations arise, besides the debate over suffrage?
(a) Qualifications for holding office.
(b) Qualifications for traveling abroad.
(c) Qualifications for owning property.
(d) Requirements for serving in the military.
4. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
5. What did opponents to the suffrage limitation argue?
(a) That the people could not be trusted to choose their leaders.
(b) That it was not fair to prevent so many people from participating in government.
(c) That it was not right to allow uneducated people to vote.
(d) That universal suffrage would allow too many interests into politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
2. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
3. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
4. What did Madison advocate concerning the election or appointment of the executive?
5. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)